Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Honey123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 10:56 PM
    Addition to painful periods with less bleeding
    Just want to add a few things to my question.

I have very painful periods though they are regular but it bleeds very less during menstruation. My menstruation period lasts for 2 days only, most of the time clots come instead of blood. I face pre and post menstrual pains as well, i.e. my body starts aching 3-4 days before menses starts-up and lasts even after menses stops. I have been facing this problem for last one year and with this pain my weight is also increasing rapidly and I got hair growth on my face. Here I would like to mention that I am not using any BC pills. I saw GYN she advised me ultrasound of my uterus, had that and it was OK, did not show any problem. GYN prescribed me some medicines (for pain relief) but they did not solve my problem. I am still facing the same problem but with more intensity. Any suggestion that may help to cure my problem.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 1, 2006, 05:18 AM
    Have you had blood tests to determine hormone levels?

I believe you may need to get a second opinion.
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Nov 1, 2006, 06:05 AM
    See my reply on your earlier post. You have symptoms that could be suspicious for polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - abnormal periods, weight gain, facial hair. You definitely need a second opinion - and be sure to mention you are concerned about PCOS. Even the best doctors sometime forget to consider this diagnosis since it is not extremely common. You likely need blood tests to evaluate your hormone levels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful underarm lumps [ 17 Answers ]

Good morning. I am a 41-year-old woman. My mother had cancer in her left breast and died of widespread metastatic bone cancer last year. I am religious with getting my annual physicals and mammograms and just had both in February. I am trying not to be paranoid however… A few weeks ago I noticed...

Painful intercourse [ 7 Answers ]

I've been experiencing severe pain during intercourse. I saw my GYN and she did not see anything wrong except a bacterial infection which has since been treated. I also had full STD tests taken and everything was negative. If I feel the interior wall of my vagina, there seems to be a bump where...

Painful periods wit less bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I'm Lena, 28 years old. I have very painful periods and it bleeds very less during menstruation. My body starts aching 3-4 days before menses and it lasts till the end. I have been facing this problem for last one year and with this pain my weight is also increasing rapidly and I...

Painful menstration with sickness [ 3 Answers ]

I am 43 years old. My periods are regular. However, over the past 18 months I have had 3 periods where, for 1 hour each time, I have been in absolute agony, boiling hot, and been sick. Has anyone else had this, and is there anything that can be done about it?

Is it implantation bleeding or am I having two periods in one month? [ 3 Answers ]

hi =) I'm just new here. I had my period last 13 jan and had it for 3 days. (usually I have until 5 days). Then yesterday 29 jan, I had a spot, and today, I had another spot (brownish color). My fiancé and I are active (though its just a weekly thing) and we're both worried if I'm pregnant or...

View more questions Search