Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Oct 1, 2009, 08:26 AM
    Pretty sure my boss has been ripping me off
    I just discovered yesterday on my check I only had two hours of overtime. I work 42 hours every week. He pays us on the 1st and the 15th of every month. Regardless of the paydate, shouldn't I get my all of my overtime on one check or the other?

Well, I just point blank brought it up he said you should get paid I can't believe I've been messing up. However, I'm sure he will only pay me a week or whatever. But I've been here for four years already, and I'm pretty sure he's been doing this all year and perhaps the previous year. I don't know how long it's been. Is there anything I can do? Or should I just keep a major watch out from now on?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2009, 08:30 AM

Hello top:

Sure, there's PLENTY you can do. But, there's repercussions to ALL of them. How badly do you want to keep your job?

excon
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Oct 6, 2009, 12:21 PM

Well, I don't care I'm sure we'll have a horrible relationship if I take action. But my money is important to me. He said he'd go back and see and still hasn't paid me. Perhaps, I hope, he's adding up all the overtime he owes me!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 12:37 PM

So, you have not got paid any of your overtime over the past year(s)? Or is it that you have only been getting paid for 2 weeks out of the month for overtime?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 12:38 PM

I am sure you have added it up but you should be getting 4 hours of overtime on every check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dvd Ripping [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Can u inform me, that which software rip a movie from a dvd in hdd with very very high quality picture & occupied a little space? Actually I got some movies, which are compressed by xvid encoder & the file size of each movie is 699 MB, Quality is very high, Screen size is minimum...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Am I ripping? [ 10 Answers ]

Ok so I have a question, since we all can talk like adults here and not think bad of someone, Well almost a year ago my husband had plastic surgery down there to increase the size and width (not that he wasent good, just a male thing I guess) anyway it took a few weeks for me to get use to the...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

Ripping LP [ 5 Answers ]

I have been asked to rip an old vinyl album. The mechanics of it elude me at the moment. Has anyone here done this? What H/W and S/W would be the easiest to obtain and use?

View more questions Search