Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Susie-Q Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 07:30 PM
    Why is Amazon.com Website Not Available?
    I have been trying to resolve an issue with Amazon.com, but every time I access the website, I get a one-page sheet showing a book, my name and the site won't allow me to access their other sites like "Returns", "Customer Service", "Shipping Methods" even trying to obtain "Career Opportunities". These webpages get hung up for minutes. I've disconnected after 5 minutes.

The entire westsite looks totally 'different'. The symbol of the "Registered Trademark" is missing after the Amazon.com Icon, as well as their last packing receipt that was included in an order I placed just one month ago.

They've already taken my credit card info and fraudulently charged various things like "BriteSmile", etc. for over $300 in just 2 weeks! Cancelled that card! But they used a really weird description of amzn.com / bill wa.

When I 'Googled' amzn.com / bill wa, I got several Results about scams & fraud that might begin with just one order to the real Amazon.com website. Some sites stated that employee(s) have stolen credit card info to charge these items to hundreds, maybe thousands, of other people!

Does anyone know how to get to the real amazon.com website? Try the website out for yourself and play around with it. I hope you see what I see!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 09:05 PM

You may have gotten scammed with a re-direct. If your using Firefox, write down exactly what appears in the address bar.

In IE, see what "File/Properties" has to say.

You probably got scammed with a funky re-direct that LOOKS like Amazon.com. It happens with banking sites all the time.

Also try typing exactly www.amazon.com or click on the link I just gave you, but do the other things first.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 09:07 PM

You may have gotten scammed with a re-direct. If your using Firefox, write down exactly what appears in the address bar.

In IE, see what "File/Properties" has to say.

You probably got scammed with a funky re-direct that LOOKS like Amazon.com. It happens with banking sites all the time.

Also try typing exactly "www.Amazon.com" or click on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more the previous link I just gave you, but do the other things first. Don't accept any shortcut that your browser suggests.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 11:20 PM

Mine's working fine. I both typed it in myself and went there from my bookmark. They both look the same and look normal. I am able to get to the places you said you couldn't.

How did you get to it? From a link from outside the site? From a bookmark? Fortunately you cancelled that credit card, but you've also got to deal with the issue of why you got there to begin with.

Just so you don't totally freak, if you haven't been there for a little while, they have actually changed a few things. If you got charged stuff you didn't buy, then obviously something's wrong. But there's some stuff on the real site that may look funny to you also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to use Amazon.com [ 1 Answers ]

I got a gift card for visa and I want to shop online so I went to amazon.com I got the stuff I wanted and I put everything I needed to but it didn't come through as in I didn't receive what I had paid for so... I'm thinking I did something wrong =D and I wood appreciate if someone can tell me...

Amazon.Com Problems [ 1 Answers ]

What is the most important problem facing Amazon.com? What recommendation(s) would you make to Amazon.com, and in what order of priorities? How do you balance between your commitment to shareholders and your commitment to the community?

Amazon accounting [ 2 Answers ]

Which method does Amazon use to report net cash flows from operating activities? How can you tell?

Amazon.com & .co.uk [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the U.K and usually use Amazon.co.uk and was wondering if I can order things from the Amazon.com site which is American.

View more questions Search