Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 12:20 AM

Try this

Right click on the vga compatible device and choose uninstall and say OK - close out device mgr and now try to install the driver.

If that does not work, restart computer, check BIOS to make sure on board disabled and then go to windows and check device mgr again to see it the VGA comes back and is in yellow.

If so, which driver did you download from above links.
    blkjagg Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 09:25 AM

Tried your idea the VGA comes back in yellow every time... In the bios I chose the PCI-E slot. LOCATION of card. Is there another way to turn the onboard video off ?

A8N-LA Mother (Board)

AWARD BIOS
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 09:36 AM

Here you go, this is from HP and found using your model #
    Installing or Replacing a Video Card Compaq Presario Media Center SR1910NX Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 09:44 AM
    LOL! Sea,
    That'll teach me to multitask and keep the thread open for a while.
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 09:46 AM

HP 'usually' does have good support info as well as you can chat with someone live there

Oct 6, 2009, 11:02 AM

That's my next step, Thanks guys
    I have one last line of questions.
    Under Device manager I should have Display adapter... I don't. I have Network adapter and Nvidea network Bus numerator?
    Are either of these my Display adapter?
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 01:48 PM

Is the card working properly? And show up when you go to display properties in control panel under the settings and then the adv button? (is the card present there?)

The bus controller would be installed as a PCI driver for the Nvidia PCI device (video card) So that would be expected. Does the Bus have a yellow mark or seems to be fine?

Oct 6, 2009, 05:26 PM

The card works OK but is definitely a little off.I went to control panel and didn't notice "settings" or "display properties" no yellow marks at all.
    "nvidea network controler" has red(X) .I've changed the settings in the BIOS(PCI-E) as directed. I still believe XP doesn't acknowledge/recognize the new PCI-E video card even though the monitor is pluged into it.ALL indications are that XP "thinks" it's still using the original integrated video"card".
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 06:51 PM

In control panel, the display Icon and then the settings tab and then the adv button at the bottom
    -the adapter tab
    -look at the adapter type, should be your card listed there
    -check out what you have listed there in the properties box

Where you see the Red X, right click on that and choose uninstall and say OK and let it restart and when restarting go into BIOS and check below info

In the BIOS, did you turn off all PCI or just change the primary graphics to PCI-e x 16?
    Once back in, check device mgr again to see if it returns and see if below helps out

If does come back with X, right click and choose properties and the driver tab and choose update and let it search the web for updated drivers to see if it can find anything

check out this page and click on Option 2 and see if anything comes of it
    Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Oct 7, 2009, 05:06 PM

When I look in the CP and click the adapter tab all properties are "unavailable"

When I uninstall the redX and restart the redx is replaced w/yellowQmark. Under that--other devices Video VGA compatible also w/Qmark.

In the BIOS all I changed was the Primary video adapter to PCI-E. Is it possible to turn off all PCI?
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 12:33 AM

Have you tried to remove the ones with yellow/red marks in device mgr, then close device mgr and then run the driver that was downloaded?

So uninstall the devices and then without restarting, try to install the downloaded driver
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 12:34 AM
    Did you go through all the steps here?
    Installing or Replacing a Video Card Compaq Presario Media Center SR1910NX Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Oct 10, 2009, 09:29 AM

Thank you for all your assistance!
    Purchased new graphics card including installation CD everything went one,two,threesystem is working as intended.Thank you again.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2009, 12:47 PM

Good to hear, glad all worked out even though had to get new card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

64-bit Vista drivers and 64-bit XP drivers [ 7 Answers ]

Think of this situation as a 32-bit Vista Machine upgrading(term used loosely :D) to a 64-bit Version of Vista. Since maybe not all hardware on the 32-bit is 64-bit compatible, thus no drivers (which must be digitally signed) for operability. I have heard that for SOME of these devices that need...

Drivers [ 1 Answers ]

I am using a compaq Presario_c700 but the audio device is not found

Why are excellent drivers usually angry drivers? [ 12 Answers ]

When someone whizzes past me on the freeway, changing lanes and slipping between cars without slowing anyone down I think, "good driver." Riding in the same car with a person like this has always revealed that the person is frustrated and angry with everyone else. You may be different. When a...

Need Drivers [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I've formated this HD and now I need drivers and IDK where to get them. Preffably ones that don't cost me money (cuz I have none) I looked at several site and most want money, they don't have it of IDK what the heck I'm looking for. So any help would be greatly apreciated =) Need drivers for:...

View more questions Search