Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Bathroom Vanity Light w/ Electrical Socket
    I did a search here and found I had addressed this type of light with a built in outlet a couple of times.

Here area couple of links to previous questions:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...et-165231.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...ght-30817.html

The links to websites that offered vanity lights with built in outlets may or may not be still valid.

Using a GFI circuit breaker is the only method of protecting this outlet, and still comply with code.
    Zaichik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Bathroom Vanity Light w/ Electrical Socket
    I need to replace my bathroom vanity lighting with one that has an electrical outlet since I do not have one in my small bathroom. Do you know a place where I can be able to find one?
    I want the outlet to be in the lighting fixture (just to be clear).
    Thanks!
    Emilio
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 09:52 PM

Your not likely to find one because of the new GFCI regulations for bathrooms.

1. 20 amp feed to a receptacle only or a 20 Amp gfci feed to all circuits in the bathroom only.

The only way is to add one to a fixture and the available fixture recepticles are rather crummy. It was a popular option in the 60's.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2009, 02:38 AM
    See the first post of this thread, from another thread, not sure why it became first, but in any case this questions is not new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Vanity Light [ 12 Answers ]

I am trying to install a vanity light. There are 4 green wires tied in a bundle, 4 black wires tied in a bundle, one loose green wire and one loose bare wire. The new light has one white wire, one black wire and one bare wire. I connected the wires and all I get is direct current to the fixture....

Install electrical box for vanity light [ 1 Answers ]

Our vanity light consists of a long row of 6 bare bulbs with a metallic coverplate stretching a total of about 4 feet. We're replacing it with a newer, more modern light kit. I removed the old light and found there was no electrical box in the wall. The old light kit was instead secured by two...

Bathroom Vanity Light w/ Electrical Socket [ 16 Answers ]

I need to replace my bathroom vanity lighting with one that has an electrical outlet since I do not have one in my small bathroom. Do you know a place where I can be able to find one? I want the outlet to be in the lighting fixture (just to be clear). Thanks! Brian

Installing new electrical box for vanity light? [ 4 Answers ]

We are working on staging our home for sale. Part of that is replacing the "hollywood" bar lights over the mirrors in both bathrooms. In case you're wondering, they looked somewhat like this: DIY Vanity Light Installation - a set on Flickr After I bought the new lights, I realized that there...

Bathroom Vanity light with electrical socket [ 4 Answers ]

The question I am about to ask was asked in 2006 and I read some answers which I found useful but I would still like to ask it again. I need to replace my bathroom vanity lighting with one that has an electrical outlet since I do not have one in my small bathroom. Do you know a place where I can...

View more questions Search