Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susiecue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 07:28 PM
    New Business
    I am putting a product together so that I can get it into the retail stores. Any ideas on how or where to begin. If anyone out there has succeeded in this area, I would appreciate any advise as I am A NEWBE at this. I am thinking that I need to get in touch with the buyer maybe?

Thanks
    Susiecue
    A Perfect Circle Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Oct 31, 2006, 07:51 PM
    You should do some research on your product and find if the product your doing will succeed. When you do come up with something try it out on people that suites there age. Be wise with your money
    deepknights Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 03:44 PM
    Make sure you get the copy rights to this product this can cost. It's a good idea to try your product out, see what other people think of it,see if there are any floors before taking too much of a big step at this time,make sure big companies can not just copy it, if you think it's the next big idea try getting it abroad.good luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 28, 2006, 05:46 PM
    I don't mean this wrongly, but if you have no idea how to market it, you need to stop, and research the industry.

What type of product, if it is clothing, the majority of all cothing bought and sold are done so in special marts where only business with certain sales volume can go.

If it is toy or electric or tools, there are speical shows and conventions where products are shown to store buyers.

And then there are salesmen that call on major retail stores, and also smaller buyers.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 28, 2006, 08:50 PM
    I think deepknight meant patents, not copyrights. Copyrights are for intellectual property, patents are real products.

But he's right, before you try to market this product you need to file for a patent.

As for getting it into retail stores, you need to go to trade shows where you can demo the product to buyers. It would better if you could show a track record of sales. Fortunately for you, you can do that easily, using E-Bay, Yahoo stores or your own website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

New business [ 1 Answers ]

Wanting to start cleaning business. I have my occupational license but I am not bonded or insured. How do I go about getting bonded and insured for my personal new company? Thank you

Business [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on a question Can you help, I need help on a question about Write a 2 or 3 sentence about how the following Canadian entrepreneurs made their fortune. 1)Conrad Black 2) Eugene Melnyk Thank You for your time

View more questions Search