Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CardnalSyn Posts: 7, Reputation: -2

Sep 30, 2009, 04:06 PM
    I embezzled $33,000.
    ... from a restaurant while working there as a manager. I know, it was a stupid thing to do. I have a BS in Management and I know for a fact that no one will EVER give me a job as a manager again (im okay with that cause I hate managing people). I'm considering going back to schools for a BS in Computer Science with a concentration in IT. My question is am I wasting my time? Should I just start my own business cause no one is going to hire me ever? I know I can probably find a job at a "mom and pops" but, no offense, id rather stay unemployed...

The other question is that I had an interview with a company who does background checks with Choice Point. Will my pending charges show up? Ive heard that diff states have different limits on BG checks. I live in Louisiana if that helps...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 04:51 PM

I hope your pending charges will show up. Is the restaurant out of business now, and just how many people did you put out of work because of this embezzlement ?

Excon, care to comment ?

Tick

Sep 30, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I hope your pending charges will show up. Is the restaurant out of business now, and just how many people did you put out of work because of this embezzlement ?

Excon, care to comment ?

tick
    If you can contribute to this post, then don't reply. I asked a few simple questions. I didn't ask for someone to come on here and bash me for what I did. Sorry everyone can't be a perfect as YOU...

Sep 30, 2009, 05:03 PM

And I meant can't... where's the edit button when you need it...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 05:07 PM

Perfect? You stole $33,000 dollars and you think someone else is going to trust you enough to employ you?

You said that the charges are pending, how much jail time are you looking at? I'm very certain that you're looking at jail time, right? How will you attend school in jail?

I don't know if anyone will hire you. It depends on the company. Some people are big about giving people a second chance, sadly, from your posts here, it doesn't look like you learned your lesson yet. I'd take that into consideration before deciding to hire you.

If you paid back the $33,000, did community service, helped others to show that you realize you did something wrong, then I might employ you. As is, no way. I don't want to be your next victim, and I'm sure no one else does either.

Sep 30, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    sadly, from your posts here, it doesn't look like you learned your lesson yet...
    And you make this assumption because??
    Pets Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CardnalSyn View Post
    And you make this assumption because??????
    Your post to Tickle.

The fact that you're actually mad that someone would dare say "I hope they do a background check".

You see, non criminals, people who actually try to live their lives as best they can without screwing someone else over, don't look favorably upon people like you.

You seem to think that we should turn a blind eye to what you did and concentrate on helping you find further employment. No, can't do it.

$33,000 is no chump change. The fact is, most people would be just as offended if you'd stolen a $5 pair of underwear from Walmart.

You took something that wasn't yours, that's a fact, and one that I hope you'll pay for. When Tickle pointed that out you told her not to contribute to the thread, because she said what you didn't want to hear, that you did something wrong and should pay for it.

That shows lack of remorse.

Good enough explanation for you?
    Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 05:17 PM
    If you can contribute to this post, then don't reply. I asked a few simple questions. I didn't ask for someone to come on here and bash me for what I did. Sorry everyone can't be a perfect as YOU...
    I see someone else feels the same way as I do, only had more to say.

What did you expect to see once you contributed your information on a really indecent crime? A sanction ? An Okay, you go for it dude? Just what ? We were expected to jump on your band wagon and give you advice ?

I have every right to contribute to your post as a long time AMHD member.

ms. tickle

Sep 30, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Your post to Tickle.

The fact that you're actually mad that someone would dare say "I hope they do a background check".

You see, non criminals, people who actually try to live their lives as best they can without screwing someone else over, don't look favorably upon people like you.

You seem to think that we should turn a blind eye to what you did and concentrate on helping you find further employment. No, can't do it.

$33,000 is no chump change. The fact is, most people would be just as offended if you'd stolen a $5 pair of underwear from Walmart.

You took something that wasn't yours, that's a fact, and one that I hope you'll pay for. When Tickle pointed that out you told her not to contribute to the thread, because she said what you didn't want to hear, that you did something wrong and should pay for it.

That shows lack of remorse.

Good enough explanation for you?
    No... I said I Shouldn't have done it. Are you skipping that bit of info or are you just to ignorant to understand? I NEED a job SO I can pay this money back. I don't want this lingering over my head forever. She attacked me as if I SHOULDN'T deserve a second chance. And you are doing the same.

Sep 30, 2009, 05:23 PM

You know what... it... dont need anybody's advice. Enjoy your perfect lives in your perfect worlds
    Pets Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 05:28 PM
    No... I said i SHOULDNT have done it. Are you skipping that bit of info or are you just to ignorant to understand? I NEED a job SO i can pay this money back. I don't want this lingering over my head forever. She attacked me as if i SHOULDN'T deserve a second chance. and you are doing the same.
    So tell us why you deserve a second chance.

If I told you that I had killed someone, butchered them, disemboweled them, buried them in my yard, then I got caught, but really, I'm sorry, would you believe me?

The only thing we know about you is that you're a thief, you stole $33,000! That's a lot of money. I don't know if you're a good person, but your actions say you aren't. I don't know if you'll ever do it again, you did it once, so who's to say you won't do it again.

Do you deserve a second chance? I don't know. I only know what you've told us, and that doesn't bode well for you.

Also, calling me ignorant is not changing my opinion of you. So far you've lost me three times already.

As for needing a job, there are a lot of unemployed people out there that need work, a lot of honest, hardworking people. Why should you be employed instead of them? Also, you refuse to work in a "mom and pop shop" why? Is it beneath you?

Really, everything you've said shows your character, I don't feel sorry for you. You seem to be getting what you deserve.

You never did answer my question about jail. You said the charges are pending.

Read back what you've written so far and tell me why I or anyone else should jump on the bandwagon to help you.

Put yourself in our shoes, if you can.
    Pets Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 05:30 PM
    ya know what... it...dont need anybody's advice. enjoy your perfect lives in your perfect worlds
    I never said my life was perfect, things happen. What happened to you was avoidable, by you.

You made the choice to embezzle money, no one else. You crossed that line. Yes, most of the people on this thread haven't and never will cross that line, so in that respect I guess our lives are better then yours, because of the choices we've made.

You decided to do this. Are you only sorry because you got caught?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Hey slick,

You're not only a thief, you're a bad thief, with no manners. You come on here and ask advice on getting a job acting like you deserve a second chance. You have yet to pay compensory payments for the theft, and are acting like you own this site. Anyone can answer questions here, so don't even think you can tell someone who is regular member not to answer your question.

You get what you get.

Read the site rules.

You've managed to insult two valued members here, and that's not going to get you ANY help. And you're talking to ladies , act like it.

Let me ask you a question. If you owned a business, would you hire someone who has admitted to stealing THOUSANDS of dollars from their last employer, and has yet to be tried?
    Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 06:08 PM

Gee, jm, thanks so much for your kind words. It said I had to spread the rep so I couldn't give you a greenie. My Hero !

Tick:D
    Expert

Oct 1, 2009, 04:32 AM

Hi, Alty, yes you are a 'bit of all right' girl !

Tick
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2009, 08:55 AM
    ya know what... it...dont need anybody's advice. enjoy your perfect lives in your perfect worlds

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There's been more heartache on this board in the past year than you would believe - or, I guess, understand, because your World revolves only around you - but any problems anyone else here had did NOT involve stealing (embezzlement is the easy way around stealing) from a third party.

Again - if you know all the answers, why are you here?

Oct 1, 2009, 12:39 PM
    I got the job... middle finger to you all
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2009, 12:58 PM
    I got the job...middle finger to you all
    Is it busting rocks? If not, it should be.

It's not as if you stole some steaks or some silverware.

You stole $33,000 dollars!

So no need to be childish and return the favor, you'll get yours soon enough.

How do you look in stripes?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2009, 01:05 PM

Hmm - a hostile thief, also juvenile. A winning package.

Let's see. Lives in Lousianna. Choice Point did the background check. Hmm. Not smart to post so much info, not smart at all.
    Pets Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Further proof that you aren't remorseful of what you did.

You haven't learned a damn thing, have you?

Did you tell your new employer that there are pending charges against you? I bet you didn't. So you're a thief and a liar.

What comes around goes around, I believe in karma, so you'll get yours.

Say hi to big Bubba for me when you're in jail. Oh, just a tip, don't drop the soap!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search