Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajamchale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Closed adoption
    How do I find my birth parents if it was a closed adoption in New York in 1975
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 04:33 PM

1. Talk to your adoptive parents. Get as much information about your adoption from them as you can.
    2. Contact the adoption agency used. Ask if a letter has been left for you by your birthparent(s). Ask to leave a letter with the adoption agency containing your contact information in case your birth parents are searching for you.
    3. Contact the courthouse in the county where you were adopted. Ask if your birthparents have left information for you with your birth certificate/adoption papers. Ask if you can leave a letter with your contact information with that information. Please note that not all counties will do this, and even if they do, they may have different rules on how you go about it.
    4. Register on reunion websites. Adoption.org, adoption.com, and ISRR are 3 of my favorites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Closed adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I have a notification of birth registration with my mother and fathers name and signed by the director of public health. But when I went to get a birth certificate for a passport they told me my birth certificate was sealed or closed.. is there a way to get this straightened out with the county?

Closed Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was adopted through a closed adoption. How can I find my birth mother?? There has to be a way. I am 21 years old. I do not know her name, age, or birth date. I do know the hospital I was born at and the attending physician. I also know she was of Irish-Norwegian decent. I have no real...

Closed adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find my twin who was adopted at birth. I have no information on who adopted her or what her adopted name is. What is the best way to find her?

View more questions Search