Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joshua bartz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 12:53 PM
    Duel water inlet kitchen sink - ice maker
    I Have heard there is a duel water inlet 1. going to cold water line of sink and 2. able to go to water line for Ice Maker. Is there a kit? I have a SPV attached to a flex water line hose, since the copper line I tried kinked from having to go under dishwasher, through 2 cabinets to refrigerator. I do have a water pressure and ice maker issue. Low pressure and very little ice made over 12 hour period. Don't want to exceed allowable space with description, any help via email would be great.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua bartz View Post
    Dont want to exceed allowable space with description, any help via email would be great.
    Don't know what that means. If you mean space to describe your problem, you all the space you need.

Yes, there are stop valves that have duel outlets for this. Available at Home Depot and Lowe's and other hardware and plumbing supplies.
    Widdershins Posts: 87, Reputation: 5

Sep 30, 2009, 03:00 PM
    I Have heard there is a duel water inlet 1. going to cold water line of sink and 2. able to go to water line for Ice Maker. Is there a kit?
    You can install an Ez-Connect fitting onto your existing angle stop.

They can be found at most of the 'Big Box' hardware stores and install in minutes.
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 1, 2009, 04:57 AM
    Would you be thinking of a double outlet angle stop? (see image)

Oct 1, 2009, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Don't know what that means. If you mean space to describe your problem, you all the space you need.

Yes, there are stop valves that have duel outlets for this. Available at Home Depot and Lowe's and other hardware and plumbing supplies.
    Thanks for the help. Yes I meant space with number of words allowed here. Didn't want question to drag out too long. 1 question will this affect the water pressure to sink or refrigerator? Thanks in advance.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 1, 2009, 05:19 AM

No. Note that these duel outlet stop valves come in different sizes (like any other stop valve). The one Tom is showing has two 3/8 " outlets. I've seen them with a 1/2" side port for dishwashers. Most often an ice maker tubing is 1/4". Don't ever remember seeing one with a 1/4" outlet. There may be one however. If you can't find one to fit your ice maker line you may have to do some kind of transition.

Oct 1, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Would you be thinking of a double outlet angle stop? (see image)
    OK, just to get it right, shut off waterline to house. Replace current cold water stop with this one any plumbers putty, or thread tape needed on connections or soddering ? Don't have a hot gun. Thanks for the help.
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 1, 2009, 05:39 AM
    Actually The valve I put up is a valve used to supply bath a kitchen faucet and a dish washer. The two outlets are 1/4 and 3/8ths inch. BrassCraft makes duel outlet angle stops in many sizes and you can bush one of the outlets to accept a 1/8th inch ice maker supply. Good luck, Tom

Oct 1, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Actually The valve I put up is a valve used to supply bath a kitchen faucet and a dish washer. The two outlets are 1/4 and 3/8ths inch. BrassCraft makes duel outlet angle stops in many sizes and you can bush one of the outlets to accept a 1/8th inch ice maker supply. Good luck, Tom
    Thanks. This site has been a great help. Speedball1 and HKStroud need to know how to recommend you two on the site.
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 1, 2009, 06:16 AM
    ok, just to get it right, shut off waterline to house. replace current cold water stop with this one any plumbers putty, or thread tape needed on connections or soddering ? dont have a hot gun. thanks for the help.
    Nothing needed if you're replacing a compression angle stop. Ask for a 1/2 X 1/4 X 1/4" duel l outlet angle stop. You may need a 1/4 X 1/8th" bushing to bvush down to accept a 1/8th" ice maker line.
    Shut the house off at the house shut voff. Remove the old angle stop but leave the old 1/2" nut and ferule on the copper pipe and simply attach to new stop to the old nut and ferule. No tape, no putty and no soldering.
    Easy fix! Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water inlet to ice maker leaking [ 9 Answers ]

I have a frigidaire (frt18il6ds4) that was causing me problems (frozen ice maker tube) so I started prodding around and found out that the tube coming from my water supply was leaking at the copper coupling (not sure if that is what it is called). So I went out and purchased a new one and replace...

No water coming out of hot water side for kitchen sink [ 18 Answers ]

Only water from the line of the cold side is coming out of the kitchen faucet. No water is coming out of the line for the hot water. We checked the faucets for the rest of the house and there is no problems (both bathrooms). What could be the problem. This problem happened today. I need some help.

Low water pressure kitchen sink after water heater flush [ 4 Answers ]

I flushed my water heater today. When I was done, the water pressure at all the sinks, tub, washer, dishwasher, etc worked just fine, except for the kitchen sink. I took out the aerator and confirmed there was nothing there. Ran the water without the aerator in and water pressure is still about...

Leak under sink from inlet valve [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I seem to have a slow leak at the water shutoff valve under my kitchen sink. The leak is coming from the part that is used to turn is on and off (sorry don’t know the specific name). The problem is that the pipes running to the shutoff valve are polybutylene. The valve itself is metal...

Ice maker water inlet valve connection [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning to replace my water inlet valve of my referigrator ice maker. I am confused with the electric connection. The +ve or -ve is not marked on the referigrator side or valve side. Please advice how to find this. Or Is it OK if I connect it anyway? Thanks Sam

View more questions Search