Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sscreener Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Closing costs?
    We Are About To Refinance,the Total Would Be 185.000 We Would Like A 30yr Fixed With No Points At 6.5% We Don't Know What The Closing Costs Will Be.does Anyone Know Approx How Much It Would Be.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2006, 06:09 PM
    I would ask for no closing costs personaly, they can add document fees, new apprasial fees ( if they only review your old one)
    Everything is up for negotiation when you are doing a loan,

And you do want to get that loan as soon as you can, at least all of my friends in the business, with the housing market going down slightly and reactions from the upcoming election, many see rates going up over the next few months.

I just refinaced all of my loans the last few months myself.
    posheak Posts: 51, Reputation: -1

Nov 8, 2006, 03:19 PM
    Closing costs completely depend on the lender, but you're probably looking at 3000-5000 dollars.
    Current rates, without points, is 6.125. Closing costs should be less than $2000, including appraisal, title insurance, prepaid homeowner's insurance, escrow closing fee, tax service fee. Your lender should give you a Good Faith Estimate, detailing all costs involved in the loan.
    Hope this helps
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Nov 8, 2006, 04:38 PM
    Whenever I do a mortgage, I advise my client to pick a rate with no discount and no origination fee (1% of loan amt) which is a closing cost. There may be differences depending on which state you are in, but in AZ the CC should run in the neighborhood of $2500 for 6.375% with no points or origination. If you are doing a rate/term refinance there should be no add ons. If you are doing a cash out with a Loan to Value >70% FNMA will charge 1/2 point more. With a LTV of 80-90% they will charge 3/4 of a point. The CC are money thrown down the rat-hole never to be seen again, and should be kept to a minimum. Closing costs are a fact of life and get paid one way or another; either in cash or by "Yield Spread". The higher the note rate, the higher the Y.S. Take the rate high enough and ALL closing costs can be covered; but there is a Law of Diminishing Returns the higher you go on the rate. In the case of a borrower who will sell another property and pay the new mortgage off in a short time I would advise a rate that would cover all the CC. For the long term I would advise a rate with 0 points and 0 origination. Prepaids and impounds are not true costs but merely shifting money from one pocket to the other. This would consist of taxes, insurance and prepaid interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed costs vs. Variable costs [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please check my answers. -Classify each of the following items of factory overhead as either a fixed or a variable cost. (Include any costs you consider to be semivariable within the variable category) a. Indirect labor- fixed costs could be variable under certain circumstances b....

Deducting some closing costs from taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Nine months ago we bought a house. We are first time home buyers. I am itemizing deductions. My question is can we claim TITLE INSURANCE, MUNICIPAL LIEN CERTIFICATE, RECORDING FEES, SURVEY OBTAIN/REVIEW SURVEY, RECORDING FEES DEED (which are part of closing costs) from our taxes. Thanks for...

Help - external costs [ 6 Answers ]

Okay. Here's a situation, and I cannot find any external costs. Can someone help me please? A huge superstore wants to open up in a small town. This will result in nearly all local SMEs to shut down, and will result in a net loss in employment. Also, the store is locating in a cheap, shoddy...

External costs [ 1 Answers ]

If a company chooses to outsource production to a cheaper country, what would be the external costs? I believe pollution in the new country would be, but how about the job loss in the initial country?

View more questions Search