Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WayBackHome Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 09:50 PM
    Strategies to forget about girls
    I've decided that I want to quit pursuing girls altogether and focus on my other priorities.
    I know I'm human and subject to human needs/desires. I guess I could have them as friends or acquaintances. If they are interested in me then I wouldn't necessarily turn them down. I want to know FIRSTLY: is this even possible?
    And SECONDLY: if this IS possible -- suggestions would be appreciated :D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 10:20 PM
    Hi, WayBackHome!

It's a choice that a person makes as to whether they can do that or not. Is there some reason that you think that you can't quit pursuing them?

Also, what are some of the other priorities about which you're thinking of concentrating on, please?

Thanks!

Sep 29, 2009, 10:24 PM

School
    My band
    Getting maybe 20h of work a week.
    Guyfriends?
    Health/fitness perhaps
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 10:32 PM
    Hi again, WayBackHome!

Concentrating on academics, and other things which might lead to a possible career, improving your health and seeking out other friends certainly sound admirable to me!

So, what's one thing that might be keeping you from pursuing them with more concentration, please?

I would also be interested in knowing more about the band that you have.

Thanks!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 30, 2009, 04:51 AM
    Could this question be better suited in the Personal Growth section?

Getting your life together is a good step and it will put you in a better position to talk to girls anyway.

Whether it's possible or not is up to you. Concentration and motivation are two key factors. Try reading some of these books to assist you:
    Amazon.com: Self-Help Books: Personal Transformation, Motivational, Success, Stress Management, Happiness, Self-Esteem
    The Guide to Self-Help Books – Recommended Self-Help Books - Self-Help Book Reviews
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2009, 05:31 AM

Make a decision and stick to it... start small,give yourself 3 months.. and expand from there,like a sabatial.. a leave of absence from dating...
    unaffected Posts: 58, Reputation: 16

Sep 30, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WayBackHome View Post
    I've decided that I want to quit pursuing girls altogether and focus on my other priorities.
    I know I'm human and subject to human needs/desires. I guess I could have them as friends or acquaintances. If they are interested in me then I wouldn't necessarily turn them down. I want to know FIRSTLY: is this even possible?
    and SECONDLY: if this IS possible -- suggestions would be appreciated :D
    So did you decide against asking "girl" out?
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ut-398152.html

Sep 30, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi again, WayBackHome!
    So, what's one thing that might be keeping you from pursuing them with more concentration, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    Could this question be better suited in the Personal Growth section?
    Getting your life together is a good step and it will put you in a better position to talk to girls anyway.
    Whether it's possible or not is up to you. Concentration and motivation are two key factors. Try reading some of these books to assist you:
    If the thread is going to take this angle then maybe we should move it (I don't know how to do this). The only reason why I put it in dating was because of the "stop thinking about girls" part.
    The only things I really want to focus on are academics and health. The other stuff I can handle easily. I mean these things should make me more desirable to a girl but I'm more concerned with myself at the moment. It's not homework assignments, it's showing up to 8AM classes and studying for tests that are not my forte. I have trouble getting up on time and getting to sleep on time. Friends are distracting. I feel the need to socialize too which interferes with my academics.
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    make a decision and stick to it....start small,give yourself 3 months..and expand from there,like a sabatial..a leave of absence from dating...
    Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by unaffected View Post
    So did you decide against asking "girl" out?
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ut-398152.html
    Yeah. I've been rejected twice already -- and it's not like she volunteered another time to meet. It was just flat-out rejection and "I'm sorry :(". I'm leaving out important details but they don't really matter because if she really wanted to see me, she'd suggest alternative dates. I was NEVER in a good position to ask her out anyway. It's an ongoing process but I'm going to back down unless I see her in person. I don't feel like I have much to offer her anyway (ie: she can do much better; I'm being realistic here).

I'm not "giving up" per se -- but moving ahead with my head held high. Hopefully one day I will be able to interest her; but it is far from my life's goal. I just want to be happy and healthy (don't we all? :D)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I forget things I want to forget? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to forget my last year combination but I just seem to have a photographic memory. Nobody else I know remembers there last year combination and I really want to not remember it but I just don't know how!!

Contingency strategies [ 1 Answers ]

Importance of contingency strategies

Analyze strategies [ 1 Answers ]

The hawks lost to the Orioles by 4 runs. There were 18 Runs scored in the game. How many runs did the Orioles score?

Analyze Strategies [ 4 Answers ]

Ok here we go now remember its 3rd grade Math Im sure I am making it harder then it is. Suppose Susan wants 49 boxes of light bulbs. She can order them in packs of 10 boxes or 1 box at a time. How many ways can she order 49 boxes?

Strategies of Communication [ 2 Answers ]

What strategies might you use to communicate the use of data effectively in written business reports?

View more questions Search