Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4everLearner Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 07:15 PM
    How to make AC operating more cost efficient?
    Hi!

I want to save energy while making the use of the air-conditionar cost-efficient. However, out of the following two theories/options, I am not sure which one is the better to follow. I would be highly appreciative if you would help me make the right choice.

>Given that the thermostat setting should be kept at 78 deg F, which one the following two options is better to go with:

Option A: One should shut down the AC unit every single time one goes outside (for ex. For a days work)

Option B: One should leave the AC running at 78 deg (or turn it a little higher) when going outside and shut the unit off only when leaving for longer period such as multiple days.

Please advice.

Thanks a million,
    NJ

Check out some similar questions!

How to make efficient homemade photocells? [ 5 Answers ]

Is it possible to make homemade efficient photocells to build solar panels for home energy source? If so, what are the best materials to be used and procedures to follow?

Adding Misters to AC unit to reduce operating cost by 30% [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to wire a 24v solenoid to my York air conditioning unit. Does anyone know how to wire it. Here is an excerpt from a web site that sells a mister kit for about $100. They laim that it reduces your bill by 30%. I'm not buying the claim, but I would like to test the theory by...

What can I make my finace that doesn't cost a thing for his birthday? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I need gift ideas for my fiancé. Money is tight this month so I won't be able to buy anything. He is a romantic very sensitive guy. He loves games and movies. He likes things that last longer then a day and he also is turning 21... Please be creative and romantic with gift ideas. Thank you!

More efficient ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my plumbing consists of a tankless water heater for 2 zones hydronic, radiant floor heat,and drinking water.I need a heat exchanger for my domestic but I don't know which is more efficient a flat plate or an indirect fired storage tank.there are 3.5 baths,4 people.thanks for the help

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.