Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbajcm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Bamboo pros and cons
    I was thinking of installing a carbonized bamboo floor in my house. I will need 2000 sf. So I thought I would research before wasting money. I was looking for the good and bad of bamboo from people who have in their homes now. I have been finding a lot of info. From suppliers but not much from people using it everyday.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2009, 12:37 PM

Pros: Easy to install, can be refinished, eco friendly (good selling point on resale), great look for great price

Cons: Cannot be used subsurface (like most hardwoods), scratches pretty easily/not as hard as many hardwoods.

We've done 350 ft2 of it so far and plan on another 1200 when we have some time. We're big fans.
    dhatura Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 07:44 AM

I have installed quit a few of these. The flooring looks great and installs easily. Just make sure you get the one with the wide strips ( about 3/4") that look like a plat grain. they are alot stronger than the ones with the really thin strips. the "flat" grain boards are made of multiple plies of bamboo. The "thin" or "vertical? Grain is just what it looks like... thin strips glued together and it splits and breaks very easily.
    Also, to go with Steve above, it is rather soft, so it masy look greast it will scratch and dent easily. Avoid shoes. Put pads on furniture legs, and always lift furniture and not drag.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption pros and cons [ 9 Answers ]

Would you ever consider adopting a child? Why or why not? I’ve been considering this for a while now. It’s not that I’m not capable of having my own children, but I’ve always thought of adoption as a very admirable thing to do.

Pros and Cons list what to do. [ 8 Answers ]

Ok here goes... I have been weighing the pros and cons of staying with my current boyfriend and have talked with several friends but haven't solved anything. First I would like to start by saying he is the best man that I've been with and the thought of leaving him hurts my heart. He...

What are the Pros and Cons? [ 2 Answers ]

What are Pros and Cons If you finish a Bachelors in Nursing: In the Philippines (4years) Or In the US (LPN to RN to BSN) I am also considering the cost, landing a good job, quality of education and other factors.

Pros & Cons. [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone Please help me with this question: I am considering the nursing field. Please remember that I am asking as an outsider looking in: ADVANTAGES 1) I think this field will continue to grow so job demand should be good. 2) Flexible schedule (I think) 3) Opportunities for travel (I...

DirecTv Pros and Cons [ 5 Answers ]

I switched from Dishnetwork who I was a customer with for almost 4 years to DirecTv a few months ago. I was fed up with the constant technical problems from DishNet and they didn't want to fix anything. I like DirecTv so far because they own the equipment so if anything breaks, then they are...

View more questions Search