Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Micio Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 11:55 AM
    European company wants to open Florida subsidiary?
    Sunbiz.org

What is the best way to open an Inc. in Florida, which is owned by European based Ltd.

The European company is owned by 3 individuals. We want to open up its subsidiary in Florida, but with me as a part of the company's ownership. I am base here in US.

Who should be the Registered Agent?
    Where should be the Principal Place of Business?
    What should I write in the box Incorporator?
    What about the Officers/Directors?

We want to do the taxes incorporated with the foreigner company.
    How should I structure this future subsidiary corporation so it will help shield the parent from US taxes and other liabilities? Can we avoid a permanent establishment?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 01:51 AM
    Hi, Micio!

What kind of company is this concerning, please?

Thanks!
    Micio Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2009, 08:32 AM

Thank you for your response. I greatly appreciate any advise. We are trying to open a corporation in Florida, but we want it to be a subsidiary of the parent European company. I went to sunbiz.org:

As the registered agent: I guess I have to put myself,
    But what about the Principal Place of Business? Should it be my us address or the parent company's european address?

What should I write in the box Incorporator?
    What about the Officers/Directors? I believe one has to be me, so I can open up the business bank account and act on their behalf, but what about the rest, should it be the name of the parent company or just one of the owners is fine?

How should I structure this future subsidiary corporation so it will help shield the parent from US taxes and other liabilities? Can we avoid a permanent establishment?

Thank you so much.

Best regards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where does stock investment in subsidiary company should come in balance sheet [ 2 Answers ]

Where does stock investment in subsidiary company located in balance sheet

Work in Florida for Georgia Company, most of the time [ 4 Answers ]

My wife works for a Georgia company and lives in Florida and based in Florida, lives in Florida and this is her territory. She only goes to Georgia for meetings at headquarters and once every 2 or 3 months will call on dealers there for a week. But the company withholds Georgia state income tax...

Open a second company under bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a small business owner with IRS problems and now a creditor problem. My recievables equal both the IRS debt and the vender debt. The vender won a judgement against the company and my bank account has be levied $14,000.00. If I file for bankruptcy can I open up another company during the period...

View more questions Search