Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abanalinda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Greek citizenship
    Hi,
    I was born in greece in 1985 but wasn't given citizenship, I want their citizenship now, what do I do?
    Linda in nigeria, west africa
    acrules3 Posts: 76, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2009, 07:23 PM

Greece does not confer citizenship just by virtue of your being born in the country. If either of your parents were Greek citizens at the time of your birth, then you are a Greek citizen. Otherwise, chances are you have to move back to Greece and apply for citizenship via naturalization.

There is a Greek Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria that can give you more information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to obtain dual Greek/USA citizenship; having trouble with Greek Consulates [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find help in obtaining Greek citizenship through my father, who was born in Greece, still has his Greek passport, but is now a naturalized U.S. citizen. The main problem I am having is finding a consulate that will even talk to me/help me. The one consulate that has been helpful is...

How does a 2nd Generation Greek American get Greek Citizenship? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents were born in the United States, but all of their antecedents were born in Greece (or Turkish-held Greece -- Samos). Although my command of the language is very limited, I do have a Greek baptismal certificate and knowledge of Greece's history and culture. I am 56 and would like to...

Greek Citizenship [ 3 Answers ]

If my mother is Greek and I was born in 1965 outside Greece, am I entitled to the Greek citizenship

Greek citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - How can I get greek citizenship for my son? His father is greek and he recognize baby by his own in front of a public notary.Greek embassy ask me to bring the father but he disappeared.We were never married.What can I do to register my son in Greece? Anyone with greek boyfriend please advise....

View more questions Search