Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Want to test new headset
    I got this headset (see attached).

Is there an easy way to "try it out" to see how it sounds - and if the other party can hear me OK?

Maybe a website for this sort of thing?

I also wonder... can I plug it into my desktop but still use my desktop speakers when I choose?

Sorry to sound so lame... but I am :)
    Attached Images

Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 29, 2009, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Is there an easy way to "try it out" to see how it sounds
    The best way would be to fully install it connecting it to both speaker/line out and microphone jacks on either the computer's sound card or front panel jacks, but just to hear it, it could be plugged into the headphone jack of a CD drive, if present, and an audio CD inserted. The Windows Sound Recorder accessory (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment) can be used to make a test recording to verify microphone gain and volume settings.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    ...can I plug it into my desktop but still use my desktop speakers when I choose?
    If the computer has front panel jacks typically the headset can be plugged and unplugged from them and any speakers attached to the sound card jack on the rear of the computer will be enabled or disabled. Otherwise, an A-B speaker switch would be needed for connecting both the speakers and headset to the rear sound card jacks at the same time. Another option that may be possible is connecting the headset to the speakers if the speakers have a headphone jack. In all scenarios, the pink microphone connection would need to run to either a front panel or sound card microphone jack.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2009, 01:14 PM

Skype also has the ability to make a test call. You call and your message gets played back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ps3 headset not working [ 11 Answers ]

:confused:i called sone customer service got me no where gamestop didn't know what to do so amybe someone here can I play socom I press the power button on screen it says its connected but I can't talk and headset icon I turn it off you get from there. & the sony.com plastation network no one...

Why usb headset not working [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a logitech usb 250 headset. When I connect to usb computer show everything connected but, not working. I have a xp pro with sp2. This headset is working on with my another computer.

360 headset [ 2 Answers ]

I just got xbox live today, I had to get a wireless thing and a new headset, I got onto xbox live just fine, but when ever I go to play a game, my headset won't work, I can't hear anyone talk and I don't think they can hear me

Wireless Headset Causes Headaches! [ 9 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Micro$oft xbox 360 wireless headset used for online voice communication. The headset is specified as 2.4GHz. Since I have purchased this product (Jan.1st).. I have been experiencing deep headaches and pains at the base of my head. As I do not usually suffer from headaches...

View more questions Search