Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vin8538won Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Study in u.s.
    Hello sir,
    Iam vinoth khanna Iam doing B.Tech(Industrial Biotechnology) in india. I wants to do M.S.biotechnology in U.S. but Indian students got a problem now that is Even Indian
    Students passed the GRE and get the scholorships Too. They won't get Part -Time
    Job Please kindly suggest me What to do or shall I do this course in some where.
    vin8538won Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vin8538won View Post
    hello sir,
    Iam vinoth khanna Iam doing B.Tech(Industrial Biotechnology) in india. I wants to

do M.S.biotechnology in U.S. but Indian students got a problem now that is Even Indian

students passed the GRE Exam and get the scholorships Too. They won't get Part -Time

job Please kindly suggest me What to do or shall I do this course in some where.
    :p;)
    holyangel17 Posts: 34, Reputation: 0

Sep 30, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vin8538won View Post
    hello sir,
    Iam vinoth khanna Iam doing B.Tech(Industrial Biotechnology) in india. I wants to do M.S.biotechnology in U.S. but Indian students got a problem now that is Even Indian
    students passed the GRE Exam and get the scholorships Too. They won't get Part -Time
    job Please kindly suggest me What to do or shall I do this course in some where.
    Are you here on a student visa? If you are, the only part time jobs that are available would be at the university you attend. It is not that difficult to find a part time job in campus but make sure to apply before school starts. Usually, they accommodate students who are on student visa more than general students. The pay is usually minimum wage. Well, if you are doing Masters in Biotechnology, it would be easier to work as a Research Assistant or Teaching Assistant. You will not be allowed to work outside campuses if you are here on student visa. Please clarify the situation vividly. The only problems with campus jobs are it usually pays minimum wage. Well, it also depends on the university you attend. Some universitites receive more funding, so they might provide more than minimum wage. I attend Southwestern and here, they only pay minimum wage.

Hope this helps!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't study! [ 7 Answers ]

I can't seem to get myself to study!

Study in the US [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I am studying in India and I am in my 11th grade. I wanted to study in the united states and I am not clear about the procedures to be followed. Can anyone tell me what I must do to prepare for my "scholastic aptitude tests"?.

View more questions Search