Ask
    warren family Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 11:56 AM
    Re wire phone jack
    We are getting another phone line in kids room how do you rewire the jack
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2006, 12:14 PM
    The phone company will connect the new line to the black and yellow wires at the interface outside. Somewhere between where the lines to the 2 phones split off and the new phone, you need to connect the yellow and black to the red and green to the new phone. I think it is yellow to red, and black to green, but not completely sure. Dig back in this forum a couple of week ago, and I think there is a similar question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to rewire a phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help. This house had at one time two different phone lines. We now have only one phone line working. I need to find out how to rewire one of the jacks that was hooked up to the other number. The phone company is going to charge us $120 to come out and do this, but they tell me that...

Rj 31X phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought aRJ 31X phone jack which is supposed to allow my father in laws life line system to dial out even if his phone is off the hook. I need help hooking this into the existing phone line.

Rewiring a phone jack [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know how to rewire a phone jack? It's in my den but it's a different line/number than the one I use in the rest of the house. I want to put my computer/DSL/fax/answering machine in that room without running an extension phone cord across the floor and down the hallway. The phone...

Phone jack wiring [ 7 Answers ]

How do I convert jack that was used for a second line back to the primary line?

Rewiring a phone jack [ 2 Answers ]

I wired our phone lines 10 years ago so that I could have 2 phone lines. Now I am having a third line added. How do I rewire an existing phone line for the third line. I just want to replace an existing fax/computer line with a dedicated computer line. I only need to do the one outlet next to...

View more questions Search