Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manouche Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Removable Storage Service
    I have an HP DAT usb connected to a brand new Dell Optiplex computer running XP SP2. I set the service Removable Storage on automatic and start the service. The service becomes disabled and therefore my tape backup does not run.

Is there a property in services that I missed?
    sexy_hayd Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by manouche
    I have an HP DAT usb connected to a brand new Dell Optiplex computer running XP SP2. I set the service Removable Storage on automatic and start the service. The service becomes disabled and therefore my tape backup does not run.

Is there a property in services that I missed?
    The reasion for this is that DELL are not made for that type of stuff

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using CD-RW for data storage [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to do to use a CD-RW, out of its packing, to be able to save files to it, for transfer to another computer? I know that, in the old days of floppies, they needed to be formatted. Does the same thing apply to CD-RW's? If so, what are the steps I need to go through to do this? ...

Online file storage.. [ 19 Answers ]

Is there any "not trial but free" online large file storage out there my files is about 700MB - 1GB in size... :D

[Help] needed or will lose storage [ 3 Answers ]

In a few days I'm going to lose my storage :( just need help Im going to lose evevything.. :( can I find help?

Removable Hard Disk Chaos [ 2 Answers ]

I have a removable hard disk (100GB) that I have been using for about a year now. It was 96% full last night but today I opened it and it wouldn't open. I have been sitting here for like an hour and it won't start, though my PC recognises it. Through some investigating I found that my disk is now...

Protected Storage Server [ 1 Answers ]

I have Win98 with this PSTORES.EXE on it when I click on display active tasks in the winpatrol program. What is it, what does it do or protect and is the program needed on the computer? If not needed how do you OR should you get rid of it?

View more questions Search