Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chippe Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 11:46 AM
    Old scary movie
    Hardly any scary movies actually scare me but this one did. It was in not in color, whether that was intentional or whether it was so old, I'm not sure: It starts with this lovely young couple buying an old house for real cheap. He travels a lot so she's left alone a lot in this house. At first, things are just fine and she's fixing things up but after a while things begin to get a little strange, like stuff gets missing or moved around and I think she hears whispers or something. She complains but he brushes it aside because it was such a good deal. Again, while he's gone, she starts to have glimpse of some one or something here and there in and out of the shadows and begins to get really frightened (so was I). I think she gets a camera to get proof of this weirdness to show her husband and waits up in the dark one night. Sure enough, she hears something and flashes her camera. In the flash, the viewer sees a tiny little gremlin who squeals and runs away but then, they get aggressive and come after her, she flashes and they run away again (they don't like bright lights) but they have an agenda and keep coming. They are very strong. Then, she gets tripped. They get her, rope up her legs and start dragging her up the chimney (where they live), she flashes, they squeal, they pull, she flashes, they pull, she runs out of flashes - - in the dark, and maybe some time later, we hear her talking with them sadly, and the impression the viewer is left is that they are using her to replenish their population, up in that chimney. It was 30 years ago or more I saw this movie and I have never forgotten it. It still gives me the chills. Anybody remember its title? I like to see it again.
    omzig Posts: 119, Reputation: 19

Oct 31, 2006, 01:02 PM
    "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark." Excellent oldschool horror. It scared me too when I saw it the first time as a kid! The original was made in the early 70's and I think that there was a remake.
    http://movies.aol.com/movie/dont-be-...23778/synopsis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scary stories? [ 18 Answers ]

I have friends and family that come over sometimes and we like to share scary stories (that are true). Does anyone have any to share? (Please, no bogus stories or small stories about things flying across the room)

Desperate Broke heart=scary thing! [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend broke up with me exactly two weeks from today and he still calls me all the time everyday. He has so much pride about our situation and is showing me a side of him that I've never seen. During our relationship I felt so safe and found comfort in him like nothing else in my life. He...

Scary fall :( [ 31 Answers ]

Ugh I slipped and fell down about 4 stairs last night, didn't really hurt myself badly, but I went into early labour! (I am just at 7 months right now) So, Alex rushed me to the hospital and they were able to stop the labour. I am apparently fine, although I am supposed to take it easy now, and...

Children's videos! Scary [ 1 Answers ]

When I was very little I used to watch this one video with a series of kind og grim reaper tales almost.. some kind of "tales". One of them had to do with this girl that was wandering lost in a forest and this owl comes to her and shows her how inside of a tree is this little home with a bed a...

Warning - scary url sponsor [ 1 Answers ]

When I opened the Religion page today, at the top left is a link to "Disturbing Horoscope warning: very freaky scary" While I donot believe in or check my horoscope, I wondered what couold be scary about one, so I clicked on. That took me to a page that required birth details and also...

View more questions Search