Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david castillo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Dead battery
    My 1997 mtd riding mower drains battery in seconds.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 07:18 PM

A dead short can drain a battery in a short time , but in seconds, that would cause the short to become so hot it would turn red and smoke. I think you need to have your battery tested under load, I think the battery is the likley fault rather than the tractor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead battery [ 5 Answers ]

Jump started a dead battery,drove down the street car started slowing down battery died again.Could this be the battery or alternator? Sharon

Battery goes dead [ 2 Answers ]

My Weed Eater tractor battery does not hold a charge. Must charge it every time I go to mow the lawn. Help Maryelen

Battery goes dead [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Snapper model 28088E electric start mower. I have replaced the battery and solenoid, but when I try to start the mower after shutting it off the battery is dead. Is there a charging circuit built in to the starter motor? The parts list does not show a voltage reg. or relay.

Is my car battery dead [ 2 Answers ]

My battery light has been on for a day now . Well my car just stopped in the middle of the road now I know the obvious answer would be the battery went dead, but I thought if your car was started already then your car wouldn't cut off do anyone know if this could be the battery or maybe my...

Battery goes dead [ 1 Answers ]

My battery goes dead over night when I leave the + wire on checked over all wires can't find anything the battery works fine in my other truck can leave it for a week no problems can't figure this one out

View more questions Search