Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ivyrock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 03:27 PM
    American Express Care Program cancelled account
    I have read previous posts regarding American Express Care program. When the economy took a down turn, my credit was lowered for my business. We were used to charging up to $45,000 monthly and paying it off. We also had a revolving credit of $4,500. Our limit was lowered to $4,000 in November. We then had to pay our monthly bill plus now not recharge as we had been doing at our slowest time of year. Then with the economy taking a downturn our business was nonexistent not slow. We continued to make our payments, but found that it was a struggle and we were presented with the "Care program". It was explained that as long as I made payments of $750.00 till September I would have my account and there would be no interest. I made my payments faithfully and on time every month and earned the money to pay the balance as agreed by September. I went online to make the payment as I had been doing in the past and couldn't log on. I called and they said I was canceled. She explained that as soon as the payment went through I would have my card reinstated. It went through and now they are saying it went to collections and is considered a charge off and went to collections. I feel duped! Any help out there. My credit score is hurting from this and I hate to say I really loved the convenience of my Amex card. I like it because you pay it off monthly and I use the rewards points for my employees as perks. HELP.
    laureld322 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 03:55 PM
    I had a similar problem with AMEX. I also joined the CARE program under the impression it would not negatively impact my credit score, nor my cardmember status. I paid off the balance early by overpaying each month. Unfortunately, during this time they cancelled my account (the same month as I had my membership fee charged!) and put a "KD" on my account-- as a charge-off. None of this SHOULD have happened. Meanwhile, I have yet to get any written explanation as to why my account was cancelled. I am in the process of trying to get my credit report cleared up (this is the only negative thing on my report!). As someone who has been extraordinarily frustrated with this whole process -- I wanted to let you know that you're not alone!
    MomLuv5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 04:45 PM

I just tried to log in to my AMEX account... CARD CANCELLED. I am in complete shock. Never been late with a payment, used card for my small struggling business.. but still I paid more than miniumum each month. First they drastically lowered my line of credit... then they demanded I FAX over my TAX forms... of course I refused. I feel as though I am being targeted for no reason. I am an excellent customer. What in the world is going on? Why are they targeting good customers with no credit problems?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am being sued by American Express [ 4 Answers ]

I just got served a summons saying I am being sued by American Express Centurion Bank for $24,610.93. The paper says I have 30 days from January 7th to file a written response to be given to the plaintiff. I just received this summons today, though on the document they have it stamped as January...

American Express [ 23 Answers ]

I have an credit card account with American Express that was opened up several years ago while still married to my (now) ex-husband. During the divorce, I had to ask American Express to close the account because the ex kept trying to use it! After the divorce, I called them to try to change my...

American Express/Credit Collection agency in Ontario Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Question I have for the forum. Any help would be appreciated. As my handle indicates, I am a Canadian citizen, living and working in South Korea. I've been there for 3 years, and am about to start my fourth year. I'm actually at home, in Canada, right now for my sister's wedding,...

American Express [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone:) I was recently contacted by Nationwide Credit, Inc. in regards to my debt with American Express. I was finally able to work out a payment plan with NC, Inc. They took their first payment on 5/27/09. About 2 weeks later another collection agency (Palisades Collection) starts...

Cancelled email account [ 2 Answers ]

I have an excite.com email account which was cancelled yesterday unbeknown to me. I have contacted excite.com to find out what happened and how I can retrieve the account, but have received no answer yet. If anyone knows if it's possible to retrieve and reactivate this account and how to do so,...

View more questions Search