Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paloma354 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Jeep Liberty back wheel makes noise
    I have a 2005 jeep Liberty for the last 2 yrs. During very cold weather the back right wheel would make a loud rubbing sound with each revolution of the tire when I was in Reverse and turning the steering wheel all the way to the right. As soon as I drove it forward the sound would disappear.

This week it rained (in warm weather) and I heard the sound again when in Reverse. But then the sound persisted even when in Drive and going forward for about 5-10 minutes. The sound occurred for the next several mornings in very humid weather for about 5 minutes but now it's gone.

The brakes act and sound fine; I had the tires rotated and no problems with them was noted. Would this be a problem in the wheel itself? And why only in cold, and now wet, weather?

Thanks!
    greasemonkeysc Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2009, 07:03 PM
    It sounds like the wheel bearing. When a wheel bearing is failing it can make all sorts of noises. I would have the bearing checked out by a good technician. If the unit needs replacement, be sure that the OEM or equivalent part is used. There are several off brand inferior bearings that are cheaper, but you get what you pay for!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jeep liberty lift? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. Does anyone know if I can get my 09 jeep liberty lifted?

Jeep Liberty Weak Heat [ 11 Answers ]

Momma has to haul the kids around in this thing starting Monday! Ok, so here's the deal. I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty Rnegade that I don't feel heats properly. What I mean is, with the temp knob all the way to HOT, and blower at 4, I get "luke warm" heat at best. I live in MN, so its pretty darn cold...

My Jeep Liberty is making a 'boom' noise while driving [ 1 Answers ]

My Jeep Liberty starting making the same type of 'boom' noise it makes when you try to make a sharp turn in 4-wheel drive, but it's not in 4-wheel, & it happens even when driving straight. The noise/bump feeling is not loud, but I don't want to drive it. Any ideas before I take it to a mechanic?

2004 Jeep Liberty [ 2 Answers ]

The heat will not come through the ducts until the engine revs above idle only cold air. I noticed the coolant was low so I filled to the line and it worked the heat comes on during idle. After 3 days it stops working during idle and I noticed the coolant level was low again. I see no white smoke...

How do I flush the radiatior of a Jeep Liberty? [ 2 Answers ]

My 2007 Jeep Liberty does not have enough coolant in it. I was told I need to drain the radiator and refill with new coolant. My owners manual does not tell my how to do this. I know with older vehicles - there was a wing nut that needed turned to drain the radiator. This vehicle does not have...

View more questions Search