Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjjjaoki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Heating & Air Conditioning Comparisons
    We received the best bid & also the most knowledgeable installer who uses Day & Night. I understand that United Technologies makes Day & Night, Carrier, Bryant... I just want to make sure that we are not making a mistake not going with the popular & best rated (well known) companies like Carrier & York.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 08:18 PM

See consumer reports. Carrier is not that great, same for their value line, Day and Night. York is a much better product today than they where 3+ years ago. Rheem and Trane usually rate on top. But besides all the Consumer Report stuff, get a 10 year part warranty, life time heat exchanger warranty, take advantage of the $1500 tax credit, and get it installed by a knowledgeable company that will still be there in 10 years.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Sep 29, 2009, 05:29 AM

We could debate all day long about which brand is better, but In my opinion a superior brand can be turned into junk when installed wrong. If you feel you have a good installer I would go with one of the brands they are pushing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating & Air Conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

How DO you match up 3 wires (Green/Y/G), White (R/5), and Red (w/4) to a honeywell RTH 221B programmable that has places for a Y, G -- Rh and Rc (jumper) and W. This is a Zone Gas Hot Water Heat system, no AC. Thanks

Heating & air conditioning [ 6 Answers ]

How do I hook two heaters to one thermostat? Would like to see diagram.

Heating & air conditioning [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in 1999. Now I am having trouble with my furnace, since las year in October every time it wants to run; the flame comes on & off about 4 to 6 times before it really works & sometimes it shuts off and won't work at all & it gets very cold in the house. I have paid twice to replace...

Heating & Air conditioning Fan [ 7 Answers ]

My home heating & air conditioning fan does not shut off by itself when the temperature is reached. It continues to run constantly. I had to unplug the cord to get the fan to stop running.

View more questions Search