Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GinnyJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 06:26 AM
    Looking for a sweet wine
    We are going on a cruise and below is 2 wine packages that they offer. I would like your suggestion on something sweet. Thank you.

Package 1: 5 wines for $104.00
    • Korbel, Brut
    • Beringer White Zinfandel
    • Robert Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay
    • Folonari Pinot Grigio
    • Brancott Sauvignon Blanc
    • Alban St. Prι Vouvray
    • Rex Goliath Pinot Noir
    • McGuigan Merlot
    • Black Opal Shiraz
    • Fetzer Cabernet Sauvignon
    • George Duboeuf Beaujolais Village
    Carnival Premium Package

Package 2: 5 wines for $150.00
    • Domaine Chandon, Brut
    • Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio
    • Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc
    • William Fevre Chablis
    • Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay
    • Jekel Pinot Noir
    • Rutherford Hill Merlot
    • Wolf Blass President Select Shiraz
    • Sebastiani Cabernet Sauvignon
    • Castillo D’Albola Chianti Classico Reserva
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 09:14 PM
    That's quite a selection, you have some sweet on both lists! It looks like they are trying to pair with meals.

If you are drinking just to have sweet, you might not want to go with the package, and just order at the table... BUT... if you want to experiment with your food and wine I would choose #1.

Only because it's less expensive and it might give you a variety of things matched with certain foods (if that's the plan)

It is amazing how perfectly matched wines enhance certain foods and foods enhance wines.

Deep reds, pinot, ports etc. They blend very nicely and not all are sweet. I would have fun, buy the package and experiment. You could always say that you don't care for it and order something sweet.

But, Hey! It's vacation! Or go for the Tequila package!:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Sweet 17 and never been kissed. [ 4 Answers ]

As the title says, I'm 17 and I've never been kissed. All my friends have kissed people before, however this doesn't bother me. They found someone who they wanted to share their first kiss with, it's just I've not yet. I don't want to kiss someone just because all of my friends have, I just want...

Sweet sweet blues music [ 19 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Howling Wolf or John Lee Hooker are still alive and if they are, are they still playing

What to do about my sweet 16 [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so as you figured im going to be turning 16 soon! :D I am so excited but then i got to thinking about it..... i don't have a party theme. I was going to have a formal like most teen girls do but then realized that the last one i went to blew! So since my birthday is in October i decided to...

Sweet Smell [ 3 Answers ]

I just got an air conditioner for my apartment and I have noticed that there is a sweet smell coming from it. Is this a bad thing? What should I do?

View more questions Search