Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucy8080 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 05:12 AM
    Only warm water, not hot, at faucets.
    [Why do I only get warm water at my faucets? Eventually it gets hot but takes forever. Sometimes the water will get hotter a little faster but only after I have used hot water for a length of time such as laundry or a shower. Never have had HOT water as soon as I turn it on.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 28, 2009, 05:32 AM
    Why do I only get warm water at my faucets?
    Several things come to mind.
    1) a bad pper element. This would allow hot water to raise up tom the top of the tank but would not be maintained by the upper element. **OR**
    2) Ac broken dip tube, (see image) would allow cold water to enter at the top of the tank instead of sending the cold water down tom the bottom where it would get heated be the lower element. This would mix the incoming cold water with the hot resulting in warm or tepid water.
    The dip tube is a plastic tube located directly under the cold water inlet.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No warm water in shower but warm water in sinks. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have the follwing problem: the warm water supply to the shower is not working properly although the sinks in the bathroom and kitchen have warm water. The shower itself is working fine (I removed and cleaned it). Then I disconnected the pipes and noticed that there is hardly warm water...

Brown Water Coming Out of the Faucets After Water Has Been Shut Off for Awhile [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! Is that normal after the water supply has been shut off for a short or long while? Also, is brown water coming out after doing that a sign that there is something wrong with the plumbing system? Thanks!

Warm water from cold sink faucets after taking a shower [ 1 Answers ]

We recently had our main bathroom remodeled completely from 1970's blue to tile and granite update. The entire plumbing was redirected from the basement due to old plumbing on the outside walls and freezing. We use Dantz fixtures with a temperature control and diverters in the tub and shower. ...

Faucets in house have warm water, except mater shower is hot [ 2 Answers ]

All of the faucets and showers in the house except the master shower only get warm, unless the master shower is running, then they get hot water. My husband says this is not a problem that can be fixed. It is driving me nuts. What could be causing this problem, and how do we go about fixing it?

No water coming out of the hot water spigots of any faucets [ 3 Answers ]

We shut off all water valves & finally found the valve to the enrire house so shut off all water supply. Got a temporary fix then tried turn on all lines (counter clockwise) so we have cold running water but all hot lines are empty... I keep going through the lines ...

View more questions Search