Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SHEHARIAR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 03:57 AM
    I need to know how to fix a lcd screen mounting.
    The screen is mounted on a round column.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 08:10 AM
    If the column has internal structure that can be bolted to, any standard VESA wall mount would suffice (examples: Ergotron: Wall Mounts). Otherwise, metal clamps or straps used for street sign posts could possibly be adapted to a standard mount, or a specialty mount used. How big is the column and of what material and how pretty does it need to be?

Even if you manage to attach the LCD to the column, there is still the problem of routing power and signal cables neatly down or inside the column. The typical hack is to enclose the wires in a surface mount raceway which is attached to the column with foam backed adhesive tape which inevitably peels. A hanging ceiling mount avoids this problem and the human apes that would paw at the raceway and cables if the screen is located in a public venue.
    dhatura Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 09:59 PM

On the other hand, if it is a strictly decorative column, most likely it is hollow, in which case, you can actually embed it into the column, fish your electric and low voltage upp through the column, and fabricate an acrylic cover or something similar th match the arc of the column so it doesn't look like there is a hole in it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C with split screen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. And none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very...

LCD, TFT LCD, oled, touch screen [ 0 Answers ]

Im in need of knowing the technology behind a simple LCD. I do know that LCD uses something like "nematic liquid" stuff (twisted nematic, IPS, AFFS) like this in displaying pictures, but Wikipedia doesn't seems to have explained in details. Can someone explain how does the science behind the...

Blank screen down center of screen on lcd TV. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Wharfedale lcd1710af TV. When it is switched on a large blank line appears right down the middle of the TV. The sound and the picture are fine apart from this big blank line. Any ideas please?

The LCD screen on my Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P10 went dark, can I fix it? [ 4 Answers ]

I dropped my camera and the LCD screen went dark, cannot even see to adjust things on the menu. Is there anything I can do?

LCD screen problems [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to ask about my LCD Westinghouse TV, but this is the closest topic I could find. :( My TV stopped working. I brought it to the "tv store" as I thought the warranty/service plan from the store would cover it. However, the person working there said that the black spots that were on the...

View more questions Search