Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 02:25 AM

I can't really do that as he knows I'm not a very traditional kind of girl.
    We didn't even get married in a church, we only had our wedding rings blessed..
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 02:29 AM
    Were you married by a priest ordained in the Catholic Church?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 02:35 AM
    No we weren't married by the church just by law.
    We had a priest bless our rings however
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 02:54 AM
    If no priest was involved, then your marriage isn't sanctioned by the Roman Catholic Church. It's recognized according to civil law, but not by that particular church.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 03:01 AM
    I understand, however I have friends who had a baby - are not married but both catholic and they baptized the child.

Perhaps I need to speak to a priest about this.
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 03:15 AM
    I thought that I'd better come back on here, Krs. I hope that you didn't take the last thing that I said to be offensive in any way. It wasn't intended that way, and I'm not inferring that you took it that way. I just want to make sure that we're okay with our understanding.

Baptism in the Christian Faith is baptism. Numerous rituals and traditions involving it. There is no one set way to do it. Some faiths might think they're more "correct" in the way that the do it and even go so far as wanting to baptize people over again when the people didn't follow the "traditions" and "ways" that they might think are correct. There is a church where I'm located that does that.

The baptism of the child is what's most important.

Do you feel and think that way?

Yes, I think that it would be best to speak with a priest in the Roman Catholic Church about it, even a minister in another Christian denomination or a priest in the Episcopal Church.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 03:22 AM
    No no - no offence taken watsoever :)

Yes I feel its important for the child to be baptized and follow suit of living in a catholic country and in future sent to catholic school
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 03:26 AM
    I got to go, Krs! Am turning into a pumpkin here! It's nearly 5:30 A.M. where I am! Am fading fast!

Because of the subject matter, I'm sure that others will be along during your day here. It's nearly morning for me!

I wish, hope and pray for you and yours, only the best!

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 03:29 AM
    Oh wow poor you.. go get some rest..
    You see here, I'm in my peak, in 12.30 in the afternoon, just had lunch.

Thanks for your support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baptism of John vs. Baptism of Christ? [ 136 Answers ]

Baptism of John, “preaching the baptism of penance, unto remission of sins” Versus Baptism of Christ, " baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost" On another thread concerning baptism a few interesting questions came up: 1) Did Jesus’ baptism have...

Why baptism [ 22 Answers ]

Fr Chuck, I have always wondered why you baptize babies. In my church we dedicate them back to God. It is basically the same thing isn't it?

Baptism! [ 49 Answers ]

I was baptised when I was a small baby. My parents automatically dedicated my life to Christianity by doing so. In short, I wasn't given a chance to think for myself. Do you think parents should wait until an offspring can think for him/herself before being baptised? ...

Baptism [ 2 Answers ]

What is a nice gift for a great granddaughters baptism?

View more questions Search