Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jewels72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 08:52 AM
    Problems with boyfriend
    Hello everyone, Im Shannon. Ive been dating a very special man for the last 6 months. We are very close for the most part, but when I talk about taking our relationship to the next level he clams right up. He told me I need to relax. We love each other without a doubt. I don't no why he is dragging his feet. Can anyone help with the right words to say to him in order for him to understand how I feel?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 31, 2006, 08:57 AM
    What level are you trying to talk to him about going to? Marriage? If so, time to put the breaks on. It has only been 6 months.

It takes quite a long time to build a solid foundation in a relationship, and 6 months only just begins to break the surface.

He may feel that you are moving way too fast. Doesn't mean he is not looking for commitment, but just not yet.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2006, 08:57 AM
    Take it SLOW!! What's the rush? He's there for you.

Why do oyu NEED to control this - just let it be. You'r only going gto PUSH him away!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 31, 2006, 02:50 PM
    He knows how you feel and is NOT ready to move to that next level and I agree that after 6 months your only STARTING to really know each other. SLOW this train down and show a lot more patience. What could the hurry be? Respect his wish to take it slow if not he will be Out of here.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2006, 04:34 PM
    You can't force someone to go at a speed they don't want to and nor should you try.

A relationship is a two way street and if he is comfortable with where things are and how fast they are moving then that is his prerogative.

Just go slow and don't rush. Is there a need for you to want to rush.

What level are you talking about here?

In any case, please go back and read the hundreds of threads where people move way too fast and push a relationship only for their partner to run.

That is what you will do here if you push him!

However, as I said relationships are a two way street and if you aren't happy then it is your prerogative to leave if you wish.

But I think he has the right idea. It is only 6 months into it and he doesn't see a need to take things too fast.

Smart move in my opinion!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Don't push too hard. After 6 months you're just now getting to the point where you may consider taking things "to the next level." If he feels that he's not ready then back off a bit. Spend less time with him and more time with yourself and others. Letting him miss you at this point and wonder what you're up to certainly isn't going to hurt your cause. Pay less attention to him and I'll bet he starts paying more attention to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 31, 2006, 07:52 PM
    Had to spread it around Skell and cianci, Pushing to hard is a sure fire way to lose him altogether

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend problems [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... a couple of days ago, I called my boyfriend and wanted to know if he wanted to go catch a movie with me. He declined, saying that he already was out with a couple of his guy friends who I really don't get along with. Anyway, I called my best friend and we both went to a pizzeria. While we...

Ex boyfriend [ 12 Answers ]

My wife keeps contact with an Ex high school sweetheart. They broke up over something really dumb, however she only speeks highly of him. He calls every once and a while, keeping up with her life. He just recently starting dating a girl, the first since my wife. My wife wants to use this...

The ex boyfriend. Help. [ 6 Answers ]

I hate to say it-but I am obsessed. And I need help. I dated this guy. We had an extraordinary relationship. He was a very different kind of guy that I have ever dated. You know, the usual SEX SEX SEX boyfriend. That was just: not him. I found myself wanting it more then he did! That's...

Help! Boyfriend Problems.. [ 22 Answers ]

Im 16 and I've been dating this really great guy for 7 months. Everythings fine but, lately we've been fighting CONSTANTLY! I love him to death, but I don't know what's up with this sudden change... what should I do?

Not getting along with boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having doubts about going back to live with my boyfriend. We've been together for 6 yrs and have a 12 month baby together. Lately we've been arguing over stupid things. If things don't go his way he thinks I'm selfish. He also curses at me and yells at me in front of our baby. I left him to...

View more questions Search