Sep 27, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Probability at least 1 is chosen?
    the question I have is...

there are:

21 yellow jelly beans
    30 green jelly beans
    36 red jelly beans
    87 total jelly beans

what is the probability that at least 1 is yellow?

I don't know what to do here. I tried doing 1-p(not yellow) but its not giving me the right answer.

any help would be great!
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 04:29 AM
    You did not state how many are being drawn. With replacement or without replacement?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why was I the chosen one to not become a mother? [ 3 Answers ]

I was 10 years old when one of my ovaries was cut off due to a huge cyst operation. The surgeon didn't think much of it and neither did we. When I was 23, I developed a huge cyst on my remaining ovary and underwent another operation where the Gynaecologist tried to save as much ovarian tissue as...

Jewish the chosen people of God? [ 6 Answers ]

I hope that I am posting this in the correct section. My friends and I were discussing Christianity this evening and I wanted them to answer a question, but no one was able to give a direct answer. I know that in the Bible it says that the Jewish are the chosen people. I would like to know if...

Why have you chosen Helpdesk as a career? [ 2 Answers ]

Why have you chosen Helpdesk as a career?

Chosen by the birthmother, BUT. [ 11 Answers ]

My wife and I have been chosen by a birthmother to adopt her baby girl. One huge obstacle--the birth father. The conception was out of wedlock and in her words, he has not had anything to do with the pregnancy. She states that he is a daily marijuana user and lives a 'hard life' and has always...

The president is chosen by [ 1 Answers ]

The president is chosen by a. popular vote. b. the House of Representatives. c. state legislatures. d. electoral college.

View more questions Search