Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cairo25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 07:28 PM
    What should I do
    Hi I am seeing a married man yes I feel very bad and bad that I have fell in love with him an he has fell in love with me we work together which makes the situation even worse he says he wants to be with me but at the same time he says because I'm a lttle younger he feels as if I would leave him if he left his wife to be with me which I wouldn't but I don't really no how to handle this situation its hard to leave him alone knowing we already fell in love
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 07:41 PM
    I don't want to sound harsh, but he is already married which makes him off-limits even if he doesn't believe it.

What he is putting you through right now is not fair to you or his wife. Even if he were to leave his wife for you, you would still be living with the fear that he would find someone else more appealing and probably younger. I doubt you would want to find out that you ended up in the same place that she is now.

For your long-term well-being, mentally and emotionally, I would suggest that you end your relationship with him and give yourself some time to heal before you get into another relationship.

It will hurt, but you will probably find that after a while you feel better knowing that you are no longer a part of wrecking his marriage.
    Reactor Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 07:46 PM

Jack this up as my worst nightmare with gender's reversed... wow.
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Sep 28, 2009, 03:51 AM

It sounds like this man is very insecure. My take on this is that you are young and want a man-any man. This made him feel masculine, probably because his wife doesn't look at him with puppy-eyes. But in all reality, having an affair doesn't make a man a man, it makes him a coward. When he says you'll leave him, he's just being a coward again, so he has an excuse not to leave his wife.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search