Sep 27, 2009, 05:04 PM

Where is this seen?

firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 05:15 PM

City of Lloydminster
    Is this the same pillars?

From the same link.
    The Alberta-Saskatchewan border runs down the middle of Lloydminister's Main Street. The border markers are shaped like the survey stakes used during the original survey of the border between Alberta and Saskatchewan. There are four of them, representing the 4th Meridian which makes the border. The gap between the steel pillars of each monument represents the actual border. Here is what they look like on together:

These structures replaced the original markers that were built in 1994 and stood 100 Feet (30.5 Meters) high. They were also made of steel. There were some concerns about structural safety that resulted in them being removed. Here is a 2001 photo of the original monuments:

XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Sep 27, 2009, 05:16 PM

Maybe they are one of those things that keep airplanes from flying into buildings. Do they have lights?
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Sep 27, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    City of Lloydminster

From the same link.
    The Alberta-Saskatchewan border runs down the middle of Lloydminister's Main Street. The border markers are shaped like the survey stakes used during the original survey of the border between Alberta and Saskatchewan. There are four of them, representing the 4th Meridian which makes the border. The gap between the steel pillars of each monument represents the actual border. Here is what they look like on together:

These structures replaced the original markers that were built in 1994 and stood 100 Feet (30.5 Meters) high. They were also made of steel. There were some concerns about structural safety that resulted in them being removed. Here is a 2001 photo of the original monuments:
    Oh those do look like them.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post
    City of Lloydminster

From the same link.

WOW! Thanks, Mudweiser. I was a surveyor from 1980-1996, and still do it sometimes on the side, and I have never seen such impressive property line markers. Ever.

I'm going to look into these, as I'm sure they're mentioned on surveying/engineering sites.

It says the gap between the poles are the actual line. I'm sure they checked their numbers, angles and distances, three times, before they were put into place.

Those are amazing.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 05:44 PM

Firm, your right.

Thanks guys.

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring single pole thermostat in double pole fixture [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to install a line voltage programmable thermostat into a manual thermostat fixture. The programmable thermostat is Honeywell RLV430. Instruction manual here: http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/b7867367-6c05-4c82-a97c-648044b91564.pdf The...

From double pole to single pole thermostat -2 extra leads [ 3 Answers ]

The double pole thermostat for the baseboard heater has a red and a black wire coming in (from the circuit panel) and a red and a black going to the heater. The new single pole only has a red LINE lead and a black LOAD lead. If I attach red to red and then black to black, I have black (from...

Replacing double pole to singal pole electric heat [ 1 Answers ]

How do I hook them up. What should I do.

How can I lift or raise a pole that has settled or sunk in an existing pole barn? [ 4 Answers ]

My 25 year old pole barn has a couple of poles that have sunk six to eight inches and I want to jack them up in place. Is there a jack designed for this purpose or a suggested method?

One pole of untied double-pole circuit breaker breaks [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new dryer (220 v appliance) to replace an older model. The old dryer was connected to the panel via a double-pole breaker except that there was no clip or tie between the poles. I changed the location of the outlet when installing the new dryer, replacing the cable with the...

View more questions Search