Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    musto Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 01:59 PM
    Cedar plank siding
    I put an addition on a house that has cedar plank siding. I want to reside with the same look but cedar is too expensive. Is there any other type of vertical plank siding that is flat and is not beveled?
    garybrooks Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 06:36 AM
    Check into Hardie Plank cement siding. Is flat, doesn't rot, won't ,burn can be painted or stained. --also other brands out there
    dhatura Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 08:13 AM

Whatever you do, do not use the hardiplank siding. Is total garbage. It's hard to install (breaks and chips easily), does NOT look like wood... It's crap. I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy.

Are you going to paint or stain? If you decide to paint, you can get pre-primed siding for a fraction of the cost of clear cedar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding vinil siding over cedar siding [ 3 Answers ]

My house have cedar siding I do like to know if I can add vinal siding over it, if I can how should I do it, or what kind of insulation can I use. Thanks

Plank siding [ 1 Answers ]

I put an addition on a house that has vertical cedar plank siding. My agreement with the owner was to add same siding on new addition. But, Instead of ending up with seams and patches, I thought I would replace the existing siding as well. The owner wants (same) vertical plank siding that the...

Installing vinyl siding over cedar siding [ 4 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to install vinyl siding right over top of cedar siding?

Hardi plank siding [ 1 Answers ]

I have a large 20 year old home with cedar siding that is on the water and is exposed to sun, wind and rain. The siding curls, cracks and expands so nails pop and caulking separates. I'm thinking about replacing all the siding with Hardi Plank and have a price with two options. One is to replace...

View more questions Search