Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    musto Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 12:42 PM
    Plank siding
    I put an addition on a house that has vertical cedar plank siding. My agreement with the owner was to add same siding on new addition. But, Instead of ending up with seams and patches, I thought I would replace the existing siding as well. The owner wants (same) vertical plank siding that the house now has. But, he wants the planks to be flat and not beveled. I noticed that the hardiplank is beveled. Can I get it not beveled? If not, what other plank siding can I use other than cedar because it's very expensive?
    dhatura Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 08:27 AM

And I say it again: "do not buy hardi plank!!!" its garbage.

P.S. You should not be making multiple posts either. This is our second post on this topic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardie Plank Siding for Addition [ 2 Answers ]

I will soon be adding an addition to my home. We will effectively be enclosing a "dog ear" in the current house's footprint, squaring it off with the rest of the home. The house is constructed from solid brick (8" thick, but the addition will be constructed with wood studs and covered in Hardie...

Hardi plank siding [ 1 Answers ]

I have a large 20 year old home with cedar siding that is on the water and is exposed to sun, wind and rain. The siding curls, cracks and expands so nails pop and caulking separates. I'm thinking about replacing all the siding with Hardi Plank and have a price with two options. One is to replace...

Hardy plank siding [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if you are suppose to put anything up on the outside of your house before you put up the siding. Thanks, billybad007

View more questions Search