Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Sep 27, 2009, 12:18 PM
    The New World Symphony-where have I heard it?
    I recently heard the New World Symphony at a Symphony concert and I was curious if anyone could recall any popular movie, TV show anything like that that contains the main theme-mostly the 2nd movement
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Hi, krissyg2991!

The English Horn solo in the second movement of the New World Symphony was made into a song in the 20th century that was quite popular.

Please click on the following link.

New World Symphony "Going Home" Second Movement - Google Search

I'm sure that various parts of the New World Symphony have been used in movies and television shows, but I can't really recall any particular productions, at this time. Perhaps others might know of some?

That English Horn solo melody, has been one of the most endeared and enamored melodies for many decades. When I first heard it, I fell immediately in love with it!

Do you play a musical instrument of any kind and do you also sing?

Thanks!
    pumpkineaterNYC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2011, 12:42 PM
    100% it was used in the movie serials... the opening of the 4th movement. But not sure which ones... Don Winslow, Gene Autry's Radio Ranch, Frank Buck. Maybe all of them.
    darsi_d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 08:12 AM
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbie_as_Rapunzel#Music ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone heard of this? [ 7 Answers ]

My knees have been killing for the last week or so. I didn't think much of it and still don't really but then I read that it can be a symptom of pregnancy? Is that true? It doesn't really make any sense to me but who knows. My husband and I have been trying for a few months now. I had a period last...

Which are the best Symphony orchestra music albums? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for Symphonic Orchestra type music albums, which contains Voilin, flutes, drums and other Orchestraic insturments. Can any one suggest me some good albums which are worth listening.

Bitter Sweet Symphony [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the name and performer of this song. I think this is the title; the song was played in "Cruel Intentions". Thanks!:)

Who else heard of this. [ 1 Answers ]

I was surfing Welcome to the White House and came across this proclamation by President Bush... : Military Spouse Day, 2007 :)

Anybody heard of this [ 10 Answers ]

HumiNature Skin Whitening Cream for Sensitive Skin It's apparently a good lightening cream some black people are using it

View more questions Search