Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redman24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 05:44 AM
    Air bubbles
    When we use our washer air bubles come up through the toilet the washer has an air vent by the p-trap what can I do as this lets smell in p.s. its in the basement.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 31, 2006, 07:05 AM
    You have a partial clog in the drainage line that services toilet. Let me explain what's happening. You flush the john, The discharge picks up speed and bangs into the partial clog in the line and starts to rebound back pushing a bubble of air ahead of it. This is what you see in your toilet. Then, because it's not completely blocked the discharge drains away before anything overflows. This can only get worse. The drainage line that services the toilet needs to be snaked out from the lavatory roof vent or if you're on a septic tank it should be checked to see if it needs to be pumped.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Air bubbles coming from toilet... overflow on flush, occasionally empties and... [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am in a modern condomiunim. My unit is next to the laundry room (wondering if that's relevant due to the washers). Occasionally, the toilet gets air bubbles for about a minute. If I try to flush during this period, the toilet just overflows and the water doesn't empty. I tried using a...

Drainline bubbles [ 48 Answers ]

Dear Sir-- I'm trying to investigate a drain problem and hope you can help: Our 1500 sq ft house with 2 bathrooms is new construction in Oregon and we're still working out a few kinks, the most significant of which is the main plumbing drain. We are on a septic system. The plumbing drain line...

Bubbles in toilet [ 3 Answers ]

The toilet is bubbling, this appear to be an occasional problem, mainly in the mornings. Air bubbles rise and the toilet is slow to empty. Using other area in the house, kitchen sink and shower there are also air bubbles after the applianace is emptied. Can I fix this problem? Or is it a job for...

Air bubbles [ 1 Answers ]

Flush 1 toilet and air bubbles in second toilet

Toilet : Air Bubbles in Tank [ 5 Answers ]

Thank you (whoever that may be) in advance for any advice you can offer. I truly appreciate any suggestions you may have in helping me get to the bottom of this. When I flush my toilet, air bubbles enter the tank through the drain hole. I do not see any bubble whatsoever in the bowl, only in the...

View more questions Search