Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plangston123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Jobs for Felons
    How can I find jobs in detroit Michigan that hire felons my first one and I am very confused I'm a 47 year old female
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2009, 09:00 AM

Hello p:

This is the introductions board. You should have asked your question somewhere else... But, you're a newbie and you didn't know... Ain't no big deal. Somebody will move it...

In terms of how you find work, I have two pieces of advice. First off, I KNOW felons work, and I KNOW it's harder for felons to get jobs. So, if it takes an ordinary citizen 5 interviews before he gets a job, you might have to go on 10.

The next thing is, try to get jobs at mom and pop type of places where you can interview with the guy who does the hiring on your first visit. Because, if you get hired, it'll be because of YOU. If you just leave a resume and they see the word felon, they'll NEVER call you.

excon
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Sep 27, 2009, 05:35 PM

Welcome!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2009, 08:10 PM
    Greetings and WELCOME to the site, plangston123!

I moved your question out of Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will be more likely to be noticed and addressed by those who are best able to answer it. Your question will get noticed much more here.

Introductions is for people to introduce themselves only, and we try to not ask questions there. We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little bit about yourself, if you would be willing to do that.

I do note, that your question already received a couple of responses while it was in Introductions.

Concerning your question, what kind of education, employment experience, job skills and training do you already have, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jobs for ex felons [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any agencies public or private that help ex felons find jobs in California. I am a native american and not in trouble for 10 years.

Jobs for felons. [ 1 Answers ]

I have been convicted of a federal felony for having pills to make meth. I served 4 and a half years and have federal probation for 3 years. My conviction date is March of 2004. I want to go to school to become a vet tech is this possible? This is my first time using this so I may be doing it...

What Good Jobs can felons get? [ 16 Answers ]

I already have a degree, however I am unable to use because of my felony conviction. Dose any body have a list of jobs that I can do , may possible be able to do. Thank you.

Jobs for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know of any jobs available to felons?

Jobs for felons [ 14 Answers ]

I am trying to help a young fellow, who do to an addiction stole a car and now is a convicted felon. He is clean and is looking to get back into society. Where do we steer this young man?

View more questions Search