Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheBigCAS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 02:43 PM
    Proud mother BUT sitting on eggshells
    My husband and I have recently agreed to lease an apartment with our 27 year old daughter. Which has worked out well until she asked for her boyfriend to stay with us for a couple weeks (which has now turned into 1 month). I want him out but don't want to harm our relationship (which we worked VERY hard on to get where we are). She works nights, and he is here when she goes. My husband and I feel we have no more privacy. He is a nice young man but WE want him out. My daughter has been on her own before and can manage fine for herself, she just wanted to live back at home with me. She is very responsible financially, pays 3rd rent, her own bills, splits grocery bill with us, etc.. but when it comes to him she gets very testy... HELP PLEASE!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2009, 04:47 PM

You all sort of made this bed, she either has to agree and ask him to leave, or you are basically stuck with hi
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Sep 26, 2009, 05:01 PM

Too many cooks in the kitchen. IF you were too rent a larger home maybe you feel that you had more space. I think that your 27 year old daughter is too old to be living "at home" and with her boyfriend. My feeling is that if you'all don't "have" to have this arrangement than you should be living on your own. 27 is too old to be at home if there is no need. You all need your own space, your all grown.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 29, 2009, 08:11 PM
    Just let your daughter know how you feel. Let her know what you told us. I'm sure she will understand and politely ask that her boyfriend find somewhere else to live, as he should anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex & NC: Really, REALLY Proud of Myself! [ 15 Answers ]

Okay so my ex broke up with me a little more than 4 months ago, and I blocked him FB, MSN messenger, and everything else I could think of. However, I forgot to block him from Yahoo messenger, because I never use it. Well, I was reading a site, and suddenly this bubble pops up with him talking to...

Be proud or demand or beg? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I would appreciate if someone will give me their opinion on work chores.I work at the gynae clinic, we have 6 rooms where doctors are seeing the patients. Each room has a nurse in it to assist the doctor in the patients' observation. Each room has the bag of used by the patinets sheets...

Walking on Eggshells. [ 8 Answers ]

Thanks for all the great advice in the past, I hope to get more right now. Brief summary of my history: been with my girl for almost 7 years. Engaged 1 year. Had some rough times but never talked about splitting up until May of this year. She left me for 2 days and called me 2 days later crying...

Not proud of it [ 1 Answers ]

o.k. this is going to be dumb but here I go I'm looking to find out if any one know how to or knows any one that know how to find out the address for rob meck he is the senior vice president of debt management for sallie mae student loans. When I was very young and dumb I took out two students and...

Canucks should be proud [ 16 Answers ]

Canadian Court Limits Detention in Terror Cases--NYTimes Highlights: Thank you, Canadian Supreme Court, for upholding the long legal tradition that limits the power of the government to deprive individuals of their freedom without showing cause.

View more questions Search