Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daasianguy47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 08:47 PM
    Velocity of a ball kicked
    A ball is kicked from a location < 7, 0, -6 > (on the ground) with initial velocity < -9, 15, -3 > m/s. The ball's speed is low enough that air resistance is negligible.
    What is the velocity of the ball 0.4 seconds after being kicked? (Use the Momentum Principle!)

I divide 7,0,6 by .4 and got an answer of <17.5, 0 , -15>, but it was wrong. What am I leaving out?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2009, 09:09 PM

I'm assuming that the 'x' axis is like a right left direction, the 'y' axis like a vertical direction and the 'z' axis like an in-out of paper direction.

From [math]\(7\\0\\-6\), the ball is kicked out of the paper, with velocity

If I make the assumptions I made before, then the vertical component is 15.

Using the motion formula , in 0.4 seconds, the final vertical velocity will be:

(acceleration due to gravity is 9.81m/s^2

Then, the total final velocity will be:

(all to the nearest integer)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Getting kicked out when I'm only 15 [ 3 Answers ]

My mom kicked me out of the house almost 3 months ago and I'm only 15 and she has full custody of me.. what should I do?

Kicked out [ 3 Answers ]

Our landlord sold the house to their son and they said we have to move out before our lease is up. Do we have to move or if we do move do we have to pat rent for those months

I got base ball and foot ball trying to fine out how much [ 1 Answers ]

Oj simpson 1975 card Two pete rose cards Will mays baseball gold card 1964 Michael jordan rookie baseball card

Can she be kicked out? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a question. My sister and her boyfriend in of 7 years have bought a home together in Ohio through a bank a couple months ago. Both names are on loan and deed. They have 5 kids... 2 are hers and his, 3 are his and someone else's. Anyway he said he wants her and her kids out in 30...

View more questions Search