Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ClarkShirlene Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 08:41 PM
    Fan Motors on Rudd AC Unit
    One of my fan motors burned up on my AC unit. The one that burned up is a 1/8 HP with .9 Amps. The new one that I have is 1/4 HP with 1.2 Amps. Can I use the 1/4 HP motor with 1.2 Amps and just change the capacitor to the right size or is this not posible? Will it mess other things up?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 10:31 PM

It will hurt the efficiency. If the refrigerant charge is ever checked it will throw that off some to. It will run louder, but it will work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kevin Rudd [ 2 Answers ]

What's Kevin Rudds new plan for the IR laws? Ive looked everywhere and can't find ANYTHING on it :(. Any help would be very appreciated! :D Ben :)

Old rudd central heating and air unit [ 3 Answers ]

I have al old rudd heating and air unit which I need to wire. How do I find a schematic or find the easiest way to wire it. I can get the inside fan to turn on but with the heater coils running. It won't turn on to just fan.Outside by pushing down on the 3 what trip I can activate the fan and...

My Rudd a/c inside unit is leaking a lot of water [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rudd a/c unit with one outside and the handler in the utility room and when turned on the unit leaks water in the utility room. How do I fix it? The coil has been cleaned and a/c repair man has been to the house already... can't afford 85.00 service call. Please Help! :(

3 phase motors and single phase motors [ 4 Answers ]

Mike holt stated on one of his classes that in order for any eletrical equipment to work, that on one end had to be voltage and on the other side it had to have no voltage. So when the voltage goes to a three phase motor where does it go? Does it go to ground? I understand that the 3 phases are 120...

Howard, Rudd? [ 1 Answers ]

So, perthians, sand gropers, banana benders, and the rest of my fellow australians, and any others who have an opinion What do you think? Labor or liberal? Howard or rudd? Is a union heavy labor party something to worry about? Has peter garret lost his passion? Do you think we should take the...

View more questions Search