Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Aug 7, 2009, 06:06 AM

You don't feel any kind of way when your boyfriend takes his phone everyone where he goes? Like to the bathroom etc?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2009, 06:31 AM

I cannot begin to imagine how many threads you have started based upon your blatant insecurities! Relax girl and enjoy yourself. Quit trying to make fire out of bricks. ;)

Aug 7, 2009, 06:34 AM
    Thanks kctiger :o I will keep that in mind.
    greeneyedbaby Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    You don't feel any kind of way when your boyfriend takes his phone everyone where he goes?? Like to the bathroom etc?
    Honestly no I don't, because I do the same thing. We share everything anyway so whether I read it in his phone or he tells me it really doesn't matter to me at all. I trust him 1000% so there is no reason for me to worried or need to think anything different. If you trust him there is no need to worry

Aug 7, 2009, 01:21 PM

Thank you green for that. That makes me feel better
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    I cannot begin to imagine how many threads you have started based upon your blatant insecurities! Relax girl and enjoy yourself. Quit trying to make fire out of bricks. ;)
    I have to agree, thats why they have all been merged.

I think you question things he does, way too much, instead of relaxing a bit. Then maybe you can enjoy yourself more. But I can understand your curiosity, but not getting carried away by your feelings. Most times some plain conversations get better results.

Keep asking questions, but keep them on the same thread, when they are about the same guy

Sep 25, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Argument with Boyfriend
    Threads merged

Hello!

Last night me and my boyfriend got into a argument. He asked me if I trusted him and I told him yes somethimes. Rather than asking me why, he flips off on me. I trust my boyfriend to a certain point and that certain point is how he acts when he is on his phone. Like if he gets a text he covers the screen to respond back or he will move to another spot in the room away from me so I can't see it, or he will just lay on his back. I told him this and he assumes that I don't trust him at all. I trust him when he is away from me, out with his friend etc... just when it comes to him and his phone... makes me feel a little suspicious.

I have a myspace page, with only 9 friends (3 of them guys that I went to school with). One of the guys left a comment on my pic and said "work hard. Im watching u lol" cause I was at work when I took the pic. So I responded and said "lol i didnt work hard then". The problem is the comment wasn't with the picture it was on other comments that other of his friends made. SO my boyfriend thinks I was talking about having sex with this guy when I said "i wasnt working hard then". If he looks at the date and the time the comment was posted he would know that they are supposes to be together.

So basically, when we were arguing he was making me feel like crap! Telling me he's right and I'm wrong, said he's not stupid and he know when a person is lying, and then he called me stupid.

Oh and he also told me that he was going to propose to me on christmas, but said that he was going to cancel it because I don't trust him.

Does anyone know how I should react to this?? I've been crying on and off since last night

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 12:10 PM
    Don't cry leave, or change sleeping arrangements. Being that nasty is uncalled for period. He sounds like he was picking a fight on purpose to me. I think your right, as he should have asked why you feel the way you do.

Sep 28, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Being the bigger person after an argument
    Me and my boyfriend got into a argument last Thursday. He was out drinking with his brother before we had this argument. It wasn't too bad of an argument though. He asked me if I trust him. And I told him Yes sometimes. He never asked me what were the reasons, he just automatically snapped on me. Claiming I don't trust him at all, which isn't true. Yes, I've had trusting issues before but I trust my boyfriend a lot more now than before. There was only one thing that makes me wonder about him. And that is him being sneaky when he's either texting etc. Like if we are sitting next to each other and he texts somebody he uses his other hand to cover the phone screen so I can't see what he is writing. Or he will move to another part of the room to finish the text or he will turn over and lay on his back. That's the only problem I am having with him. Other than that I do trust him.

So he goes on bringing up all the bad things in our relationship (making it seem like its my fault that we have arguments). Then he called me stupid. Then he says "I was going to propose to you on christmas but ima cancel that now". So you know I hurt. I have been nothing but a good woman to him.

I told my mom about it. She said that he was just playing mind games with me. She thinks that he just said he was going to cancel the proposal because he knows that that is something I want and he want me to stress over him. Makes sense but I don't know. Still makes me sad in a way.

The next morning after our argument he asked me if I was still mad at him and said that he still loves me... but he never apologized. I was thinking about apologizing to him about our argument cause he hasn't apologized yet. Does anyone have any advice??
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 11:33 AM

Um, there's a difference between being the bigger person and being the doormat. So before I give any advice, I want to make sure I'm not encouraging you to be his doormat. Is he like that all the time? Was it only because he was intoxicated? Is he regularly intoxicated or is it only on the rare occasion? If this is a one time deal and you're seriously committed, I'd say talk things out while he's sober and both of you move on. But if this is regular, I have to wonder why bother staying with him. If he's regularly going to mess with your head on purpose, sounds like you'd be better off without him.

Sep 28, 2009, 11:57 AM

No this doesn't happen all the time. He's not a big drinker. Just a one time thing. But he is a very emotional person when he does drink though which isn't often
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 12:02 PM

I think there is something else behind this issue.

He dangled an engagement proposal in front of you-- something is fishy.

That's just what I think.

I suggest talking to him about it in a few days after both him and you cool down.

Sarah
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 12:23 PM

I still don't see any reason for you to apologize. I'm not clear on what you did to apologize for. Did I miss something?

I agree with mudweiser, talk when you've both cooled down.

Sep 28, 2009, 12:25 PM

Actually I didn't do anything wrong. I just thought that maybe apologizing is the best thing to do.

Were both cooled down. He was all extra nice to me the next day after out argument.

Mudweiser, what do you think is fishy?
    unaffected Posts: 58, Reputation: 16

Sep 28, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    Actually I didnt do anything wrong. I just thought that maybe apologizing is the best thing to do.
    Stand your ground. No need to give in to him when you did nothing wrong. That will just help this problem to happen again and again.

Sep 28, 2009, 12:58 PM

Thanks unaffected.

Oct 14, 2009, 05:57 AM
    Seriously what is wrong with me
    Hey guys!

There is something I need to vent about, and if anyone has advice it would be helpful to me. I'd appreciate anything.

Every time my boyfriend has off from work and I have to work I get mad. Why? I don't know. I don't get mad all the time, I would say 50% of the time I get mad. Don't know why I get like this either. Like I'm always wondering what he is going to do with his day, who he's going to do it with and where he's going if he goes anywhere. It sucks!

So I'm at work now, not having a good day knowing my boyfriend is at home and I'm not with him. Does anyone have advice on how to chill this out.

Thanks!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 06:00 AM

You can't let things like this get to you. Right now I am at work and my girlfriend is at home in bed. I can't do anything about it. I have been here since 6 this morning and don't get off until 5. Then She will be in class by the time I get off work. So, I won't see her until 9:30 or so. It really does suck being away from the one you love and it seems unfair and you always wonder those things but you have to do things to keep your mind off it. Do you call him any through the day or text him?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 06:01 AM

You need to let him enjoy his time off and not be so selfish. It's a part of growing up.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 14, 2009, 06:01 AM
    You need to realize that each of you have your own lives. Don't be so dependent upon him or you will end up chasing him away.

Do you get mad when he works and you are not working?

Heck, I work 7 pm to 7 am, my husband works 8am to 6pm. We never see each other but have a great relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To settle an argument [ 6 Answers ]

Does the royal naval college in Dartmouth count as a ship, what do you think? I say no because it is a brick building and it does and cannot be sailed or float on water. Its on a hill. My friend says yes, because it is listed as a ship 'the HMS Dartmouth' in the royal navy it is permantly...

Misrepresentation during argument [ 1 Answers ]

I have absolutely no idea where to post this question--none of the topics seemed just right. So I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place. I am wondering if there's a name for a certain technique some people use when arguing/debating with others. Most ploys used in arguments seem to have names, so I...

Big argument now he wants it over! [ 7 Answers ]

I am completley fretting at the moment, I got back from holiday on Saturday I went with my boyfriend. On Sunday me and the boyfriend had a huge argument I found out that another woman has been confiding in him and he wouldn't tell me what she was telling him. This led to hauge argument where I...

Unsound argument and invalid argument [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between an unsound argument and an invalid argument? Give an example of each. When you are building an argument for an issue that is significant to you, do you think it is more important to be sound or valid? Why?

Settling an argument. [ 3 Answers ]

Had a somewhat heated discussion about the side effects of a plumber using muratic acid to clean a drainage pipe (clogged by washer discharge, mostly). I maintain that this is tempting to use but could cause damage to the pipes leading to some fairly serious repair work. Do plumbers actually resort...

View more questions Search