Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 13, 2010, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    but it is always something else, the running with him, the getting up earlier,
    Like I said before.. all post from sooo long ago! So what if something else comes up. That's life! We work them out and move on. We're still together for a reason. Obviously something is working.

I know people who have it a lot worse!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 12:15 PM

Well then I wish the both of you the best.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 02:11 PM

Don't be so defensive. That's why we merge threads on this forum, and why we all have the ability to look up past threads that haven't been merged, to get a clear picture, so advice is based on facts, and patterns we see.

One pattern we all see with you is your basic taking things personally and being unsure exactly how to react, and to us older people who have sat in your shoes, that's pretty normal for your ages. As you get more experienced dealing with the feelings that are triggered by events you go through, your reactions will be different.

I think we all go through that as we grow and learn, which is a lifetime thing, LOL, and we won't get carried away by those feelings as we settle down from having gone through many different things. That's what your posts are telling us, your going through a lot that will leave you experienced over time.

Your right, you can only control yourself, and no one else, and what matters is how you deal with what life throws at you. I can tell you, even old dogs like myself still don't get it perfect every time, but we do keep learning from those less than perfect experiences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To settle an argument [ 6 Answers ]

Does the royal naval college in Dartmouth count as a ship, what do you think? I say no because it is a brick building and it does and cannot be sailed or float on water. Its on a hill. My friend says yes, because it is listed as a ship 'the HMS Dartmouth' in the royal navy it is permantly...

Misrepresentation during argument [ 1 Answers ]

I have absolutely no idea where to post this question--none of the topics seemed just right. So I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place. I am wondering if there's a name for a certain technique some people use when arguing/debating with others. Most ploys used in arguments seem to have names, so I...

Big argument now he wants it over! [ 7 Answers ]

I am completley fretting at the moment, I got back from holiday on Saturday I went with my boyfriend. On Sunday me and the boyfriend had a huge argument I found out that another woman has been confiding in him and he wouldn't tell me what she was telling him. This led to hauge argument where I...

Unsound argument and invalid argument [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between an unsound argument and an invalid argument? Give an example of each. When you are building an argument for an issue that is significant to you, do you think it is more important to be sound or valid? Why?

Settling an argument. [ 3 Answers ]

Had a somewhat heated discussion about the side effects of a plumber using muratic acid to clean a drainage pipe (clogged by washer discharge, mostly). I maintain that this is tempting to use but could cause damage to the pipes leading to some fairly serious repair work. Do plumbers actually resort...

View more questions Search