Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bimal1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 01:01 AM
    My system hangs
    Hello
    While using program in my p.c. it will be automatically hangs my xp 2002 operating system, so what can I to get out of this problem.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Oct 5, 2009, 10:53 AM

Ot Knowing what programs hangs or the specks on your hardware I can only give a generic ansewer.

Close unneeded programs
    Run msconfig and stop unneeded programs from loading at boot
    Defragment your hard disk
    Scan for viruses and remove any found
    Clean your system and registry there are several free applications available.
    Run updates
    If needed reinstall the application that freezes.

These steps should fix most application hangs. You man need more RAM or your hard drive may be full or nearly full both will cause applications to hang. Keep 15 % of your hard drive empty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

System Hangs frequently [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a new system with Dual Core 2.2 GHz, Nvedia Board and Windows XP instlled two days back. But my system hang every ten to fifteen or twenty minutes frequently. Every time I need to restart then only work. Kindly suggest me how to solve my issue... Regards, Sathya

System hangs Frequently. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, From last 3 days I am facing a strange problem. My system Hangs very frequently, Maximum I can work is only 10 min. Then it stops responding. I formatted the partition then also same problem. Even if I run my system with Live CD/DVD then also it hangs :mad:.My mother board is 865GBF,1 GB RAM,...

System hangs because of kaspersky [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed kaspersky server ver 6.0.3.837 in my server 2003 that was good until last 10 days but now I am having a problem with this one . Kaspersky scans the system and utilizes all the memeory and hangs the system up so when we try to access the server remotely we can't because there is no...

XP system hangs/crashes on restart. [ 3 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP with a P4 on an Asus motherboard, not overclocked, I built 5-6 years ago. When I try to restart the system during normal usage, it shuts down and has problems turning back on. A small surge of power shows when I press the power button but quickly turns off. I turn the...

System hangs [ 2 Answers ]

The problem started yesterday when I open warcraft3.. the system hangs! I format my hdd,installed win xp pro service pack 1 thinking that will solved my problem.. but nothing happens,same problem occur when trying to play warcraft3.. I tried not to install the driver of my video card and it works!...

View more questions Search