Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Sep 24, 2009, 06:13 PM
    How to control .Jealousy!
    Hello everyone and thank for you reading.

I have been dating a guy for 3years were both 20years old. I used to get really really jealous of everything he did. Like go out with guyfriends, being around girls.. etc.. I have been able to get my jealously under control now. But my boyfriend still thinks I am. If he's going out with the guys for a night, even if I ask where? Or with who? He gets like OMGGG why are you so jealous.. which I'm not I'm just wondering to make conversation or whatever. But from him doing this all the I feel my jealously coming back. I don't no what to do to make him believe me.

Sometimes though I do get jealous though because his university his classes are 95% girls and they always have exclusive class parties where only class members are allowed.. so I get jealous because its all girls.. Like tonight he has one of the parties. Should I always hide my jealousy now? Because he thinks I am jealous 24/7 anyway... what do you guys think?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Sounds like you're a very insecure person and you've recognized it, so that's a first step.

It sounds like a very serious problem and might require professional help. I suggest that you see a counsellor or a therapist on a regular basis to help you uncover the roots of your problems.

You need to take care of yourself before you worry about your boyfriend.

Sep 24, 2009, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    Sounds like you're a very insecure person and you've recognized it, so that's a first step.

It sounds like a very serious problem and might require professional help. I suggest that you see a counsellor or a therapist on a regular basis to help you uncover the roots of your problems.

You need to take care of yourself before you worry about your boyfriend.

I can't afford a consellor, :(

That's why I have come here
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 24, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Try reading these books:
    The Guide to Self-Help Books – Recommended Self-Help Books - Self-Help Book Reviews
    Amazon.com: Self-Help Books: Personal Transformation, Motivational, Success, Stress Management, Happiness, Self-Esteem

I'm sure you can borrow them from the library. You need to take steps to build your self-esteem and self-confidence.

Sep 24, 2009, 06:34 PM

Thank you I will check them out
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 04:27 AM

There are other options, you can talk to a counselor which is free. A church is also another place where you can go and talk to someone for free. Books are a great source, I had to use books and a therapist just to get mine down from what it used to be.

Don't think you will ever be cured of this, it's an uphill battle all the time. The mountain is always muddy and you will find yourself slipping a lot, especially in the beginning but it will decrease
    unaffected Posts: 58, Reputation: 16

Sep 25, 2009, 06:58 AM
    I have found myself jealous in certain relationships, but not all of them. I realize jealousy is something that you have to work on, but I wonder if his actions are helping you to be this way?

My ex worked in the racing industry, and would travel every weekend. He was surrounded by girls in skimpy clothes, and would seldom call me during these trips. I became a very jealous person.

But, I met my husband. And I trust him more than I've ever trusted anyone, ever. And I am no longer jealous.

I'm not sure this helps at all, just my two cents :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Good jealousy vs bad jealousy [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I just was reading a thread on here regarding a jealous boyfriend... which made me have some of my own thoughts. Let's have a discussion regarding our view points on 'good' vs. 'bad' jealousy.. is there such a thing, or is it all 'bad' or unhealthy? Any opinions? Much appreciated!...

I need to get over my jealousy, but how? [ 12 Answers ]

I have been in many relationships, all of which were unsuccessful. The reason being was because I could not overcome my jealous behavior. I am in one now where it is getting really serious and I really love him... a lot. I know that I am a jealous person with insecurities, I am not denying it. ...

How to control my jealousy and paranoia? [ 22 Answers ]

I've been dating this wonderful guy for 2 wees now.. OK, I have had the problem of jealousy with all my previous boyfriens.. I question every little thing they do and when they answer me, I don't believe them.. what can I do to stop being paranoid? Every time when he picks up his phone I think:...

Can't control my jealousy ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , I have a big problem and I know its destroying my relationship with my boyfriend . I get jealouse like crazy , and he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cold I want him to get jealouse a little bit I want to see him jealouse . I get sooo jealouse I start crying and getting angry . I know am...

View more questions Search