Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    almagmend0zer Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2009, 06:02 PM
    a 17 year old starting her own business?
    I've always been fond of having something that I can call my own, even if it is for the time being. I always thought I could make a store on eBay. Only problem is, is that I'm 17 and I don't have a credit card, only a debit card I got when I turned 15. I wish it were possible and I do have the funding if I try.

I was wondering if it would be possible in any way for me to do that successfully? I figured I need to learn the value of a dollar so why not try it? It's been on my mind for a couple months now and I don't know how to approach it.

if you could help me if it is even POSSIBLE yet, that would be fantastic. For example if I need to wait until I'm 18, get a normal credit card, debit card, etc.

since my card is only for 15 year olds it doesn't really allow me to use it online.

I can specify if you have any questions about my predicament.

*i don't even know what topic to put this in, so I apologize* :confused:
    h0llister Posts: 335, Reputation: 15

Sep 24, 2009, 06:07 PM
    You could try and get a pay as you go credit card. Which means its like a debit card but its with Visa or Mastercard. All you have to do is put real money on it then use it like you would any other credit card. Check out some banks for it.

Sep 24, 2009, 08:01 PM

I'd have to ask a parent for permission and everything though, right?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2009, 12:38 AM
    Hi, almagmend0zer!

Yes, at your age, I would suggest asking your parents about anything that you want to start online. Even if you were of age to be able to handle transactions online with something like PayPal, I would still suggest getting the advice of others.

You don't need a credit card to start sites. eBay isn't necessarilly the best site out their for have something online where you can make money. It's just big... Plus, it costs money to use it. Why spend the money when you don't need to?

What would you like to market and sell online, please?

Thanks!

Sep 28, 2009, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, almagmend0zer!

Yes, at your age, I would suggest asking your parents about anything that you want to start online. Even if you were of age to be able to handle transactions online with something like PayPal, I would still suggest getting the advice of others.

You don't need a credit card to start sites. eBay isn't necessarilly the best site out their for have something online where you can make money. It's just big... Plus, it costs money to use it. Why spend the money when you don't need to?

What would you like to market and sell online, please?

Thanks!
    I was thinking of selling jewelry, body jewelry and little trinkets. =]
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 28, 2009, 09:49 AM
    You need to learn the value of a dollar before going into business for yourself.

Also, you have to be 18 to enter into any legal and binding contract.
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2009, 01:53 AM
    Hi again, almagmend0zer!

With the help and involvement of your parents, you might be able to do such a thing.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2010, 07:38 PM
    Thread is now old and archived and starting to attract advertisers.

Original poster hasn't returned to the thread in a long time.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a business [ 2 Answers ]

I want to start my own business... How do I get boned and insured?

Starting a business [ 1 Answers ]

Good day! Can you give me a advice what business I must be start actually I have small business ink refilling station can you tell me if it will be success?

When starting a business what are the neccesities needed to start with a trucking company

I have been building/fixing computers and computer networks for several years now. I love to do it, so I never really charged anything up until a couple months ago. I decided that I would like to start my own business doing this. I had a couple magnetic signs made up and threw 'em on my car. In...

I am interested in starting a business.. I need to know what are the things that I have to have by law before I do any work... can you help..

View more questions Search