Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arunjotshi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Need Information on taxes : Student on OPT
    HI,

I am currently on OPT (10-01-2006 to 09-30-2007) working in NJ.
    I need to know what tax deductions (percent of my monthly pay) should I expect?
    Also am I supposed to pay NJ SDI and NJ SUI taxes (I don't even know what this is)?
    Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Best regards,
    Arun.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 31, 2006, 04:50 PM
    Arun:

Question answered via private message.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income exempt from tax? (Chinese F1 student on OPT) [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I am preparing Form 1040NR (or 1040NR-EZ) for my 12-month OPT under a F1 student visa. I am a citizen of People's Republic of China and I received Form 1040-MISC from my employer for the work I did during my OPT. I would like to know whether my income is partially or totally exempt...

International student taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am currently working for a firm as part of my optional practical training, and work between 20-30 hours a week. I am being paid on the books, and am required to file my own taxes. Which form do I use? When do I file? Also, the company keeps sending me a W-9 Form which states specifically that...

1099 taxes for Indian F1 student [ 7 Answers ]

Hi AtlantaTaxExpert Thank you in advance for your time. I truly appreciate you sharing your knowledge and helping everyone out. I am currently an undergraduate student, on an F-1 Visa. I am studying in MA and am a citizen of India. I arrived in the US on August 2003. Starting from my freshman...

Which IRS publication has information about SS and Medicare for OPT students? [ 1 Answers ]

I am on OPT and have been in the US for 4 years now, and am working for a company for the past 5 months, during which SS and medicare have been deducted from my paychecks. I just came to know yesterday from a friend that they shouldn't be. I want to let my company know this and wanted to show...

F1 student on OPT with dependent [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I am an Indian student who was on OPT for whole of 2005. I am married but have not claimed my spouse as dependent till now. When I file my returns this year, can I claim her as a dependent? She does not have SSN, so should I apply for an ITIN before filing my return. Since I am from India...

View more questions Search