Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutenose Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 03:38 PM
    Does skin lightening creams cause Vitiligo?
    As I have mentioned in my other question, I am currently using FM's Gluta-C Skin Lightening Cream. I have a naturally dark complexion lyk Kanye West ( can't think of a girl with that complexion:rolleyes: ) and I noticed that I am getting light patches of skin around my cheek area:confused: My entire face is rough and pimply:(
    Is this the 'Peeling/Shedding' process?? Y is it happening in only certain places?
    I have been using the cream day and night with spf 50 from 03/09/09 and I will have 2 stop for 2 weeks. Does this mean I will have these patches for 2 weeks?? :eek:
    My cousin 4 some reason is persisting that its vitiligo:eek:
    Can skin lightening creams cause this? How does vitiligo occur?
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Sep 26, 2009, 01:30 AM
    Vitiligo is not something you catch or can get from a skin lightening cream. If you use a strong skin lightening product sometimes results can be patchy and give the appearance of vitiligo. Tell your cousin it's genetic not contagious.
    Klaas Posts: 58, Reputation: -1

Sep 26, 2009, 10:10 AM

No
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Sep 26, 2009, 12:19 PM

I highly doubt you got vitiligo from using the product. The only way you could possibly even "catch" vitiligo would be if you experienced a form of cancer within your melanocytes which is very rare. As nikkicute stated, it's more likely to be a genetic hereditary disease.
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Sep 26, 2009, 06:53 PM
    Vitiligo is an autoimmuno disease... creams do not cause this... vitiligo also is not a peeling of the skin but the destruction of melanocytes (skin pigment cells). Stop using the cream and nature will correct itself. The way to destroy the melanin if with benoquin, high levels of HQ and mequinol, if you haven't done that your skin with eventually fix itself.
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 4, 2009, 02:39 PM

Yes I've been doing some reading up,

And it's obvious that high levels of HQ, or any levels at monobenzone or mequinol, will ultimately cause "Chemicallly Induced Vitiligo" which Michael Jackson has endured through his career from his debut to his demise.

This is scary, because it seems so many persons on here are experimenting with low dose of Mono for just a few months and reporting to others that they are lucky enough to not deal with significant whitish patches (yet).

What about a year or two later?

Here is a report of an Epidemic in USA of Monobenzone/Benoquin cream disfigurement -- History seems to be repeating itself for many on this board?

Leucomelanoderma in Blacks

http://196.33.159.102/1974%20VOL%20X...20EPIDEMIC.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening Creams [ 10 Answers ]

I have pigmentation and freckles from over exposure to the sun. I was told about Dr Palmer's skin lightening cream and also read an article on Extreme lightening cream. I am a white middle aged lady and would like to know whether other people have used any of these or other creams successfully. ...

Stability of skin lightening creams [ 1 Answers ]

I am formulating the bleaching creams in my clinic.I use the following formula Hydroquine 3% Kojic 3% Ascorby palmitate 3% Lactic acid 2% vitamin E 1% Retine A 0.01% Azelaic acid 4% vitamin k 2%...

What are the best skin lightening creams? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a skin lightener (not meladerm) to make me about 1 or 2 shades lighter. Any suggestions?

Where can I get skin lightening creams [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get skin lightening products. I have gone to walgreens and walmart amongst other locations were I assumed skin lightening products would be available.but I haven't really found any good products. Help!!

View more questions Search