Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jodiep214 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Getting custody of my sister
    My mum has recently lost custody of my little sister age 9. she now lives with her dad, but he is a horrible man, and used to treat me and my brother really bad. I'm nearly 20 year old, and I really want to go for custody of her, what would my chances be of getting her. Please someone can you give me some help and advice,
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 02:32 PM

Custody arrangements between parents set up by a court often becomes difficult. You say that "your mom lost custody". Were your local welfare social workers involved? If they were then can you speak to him/her about you getting custody and your reasons?
    You would have to show that you have the financial means and ability to care for her.
    Good luck
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2009, 02:52 PM

You would have to prove that he is unfit and a danger and that you emotionally and financially can provide for her.

It's going to be difficult at your age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want Custody of my 14 yr old sister [ 9 Answers ]

I am here to see if anyone would happen to know what I have to do to get guardianship/custody of my 14 yr old sister... im 25 and married with no kids... mom is unfit at this time to handle a 14 yr old and she can barley handle herself... dad works nights and you can't leave a 14yr old home all...

How can I get custody of my sister? [ 18 Answers ]

My name is Alyssa and I will be turning 18 in August. Me and my sister live with my grandma we were adopted my grandma in 1994.Because our parents on drugs and they were abusing us and is why we were adopted but that is the information I have about us and why we live with our grandma. I scared for...

Custody of my sister [ 1 Answers ]

How can i get full custody of my younger sister from my aunt? Well i'm 19 and she's 14 and well i lived with my aunt when i was younger too, she doesn't treat her right she treats her worse than she treated me! And i need to get her right away! The thing is though that i live with my boyfriend and...

Getting custody of my little sister [ 1 Answers ]

My Ex step father (my sister's dad) and our mother are divorced. Her dad is not supporting her well being..she's in serious need of medical attention among many other problems. She's not getting treatment, support, clothing, food, etc. like she should be. My brother and sister in law as well as...

Custody of my sister! [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and my sister is 13 years old. We were adopted by our cousins in 2000 and now I am moved out and I have my own apartment. I am engaged and we would like to get custody of my sister. She is being hit with a cutting boared for no reason. She is being emotionally abused and I was...

View more questions Search