Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hebbtide Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Wrongfully terminated
    I am filling out a job application that asks "If not currently employed, explain why" I was terminated but would rather explain why face to face in the interview. What should I write as the answer? I was thinking something like, Willing to discuss when we meet. What do you think? Thank you
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 02:37 PM

A lot of things to consider. First I would write down why I was terminated on a separate sheet of paper. Then I would start editing - if it is long and involved -to get to the shortest possible answer. Sometimes in a verbal interview too much detail, considering the subject, will not make a good impression. Adopting the attitude of we agreed to diagree and here I am, is the best of a bad situation. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was I Wrongfully Terminated? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a job in Florida. I was in the training process. It is four weeks of training. During my third week of training, I called in from THE HOSPITAL to inform my supervisor I was going to be late, because I was feeling really sick. I got no answer and I got no call back. When I realized the...

Wrongfully terminated [ 20 Answers ]

I am writing to you in hopes that you might be able to help me or at least point me in the right direction to get some help. I am a single mother of 5 very beautiful and intelligent children. A little over two years ago, the state of Michigan took my children from me. Without warning or cause...

Was I wrongfully terminated? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was working at a job for 5 years before he was terminated... for calling a black man " a nice colored fella" it was considered a racial slur... My question is... What can he do about it? He has been out of a job since January 2008, and times are getting really rough now... He talked...

I believe I was wrongfully terminated [ 2 Answers ]

I worked for this company for 4 months and I was never written up or verbally warned until one day I was told that she didn't believe I was capable of doing my job and that I didn't want to be there. I was never told that I was let go or fired, I just asked if I am finishing out my schedule the...

Got wrongfully terminated can I do anything? [ 7 Answers ]

I had been working at a company almost a year, after seven months I was promoted one week after that my immediate supervisor was terminated. They never replaced my boss (they were "trying") so I was all alone with no one to train me I literately had to learn on my own, I worked at a high end car...

View more questions Search