Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MilaniLan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 03:18 PM
    Their Eyes Were Watching God
    What initially pulls Janie to each of her three men, how the three mariages differ from one another, and what does she learn from each experience?
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Oct 30, 2006, 04:24 PM
    The novel “Their Eyes Were Watching God” by Zora Huston are the fictional stories of Janie Crawford's search for a real relationship and true love. Let's not forget the financial support.

Janie Mae Crawford sought love from Logan Killicks. Logan was Janie's first husband. Logan's physical build that was considered heavy and his occupation was potato farmer. Mr. Killicks was an elderly man. I believe the grandmother her name was Nanny wanted security for her mulatto granddaughter. So the offering of her granddaughter to this seemly successful potato
    Farmer was for security... not love. He dies and leaves her his 60 acre farm.

Janie Crawford Killicks later married the mayor of Eatonville. His name was Joe Starks. Joe was a self centered man. Joe was a man more looking for beauty than being a husband.

Then enters this beautiful man his name is Tea Cakes... the issues are age and he had no money but he was beautiful. He was a musician and love to tell tall tales. Age: being Janie was the older woman that now has a toy image in a young man. Tea Cakes a.k.a. Vergible Woods. Mr. Woods fulfilled all the needs Janie was looking for in a husband. O h yeah he became husband number 3...

Did you read the book... cannot tell you the ending? If this is homework go to the site suggested when you registered
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 30, 2006, 04:57 PM
    This is one of my favorite novels by Zora Neale Hurston. It is an autobiography of sorts, however, not in the true sense of the word.

MilaniLan, did you read the novel? What do you think the marriages differ? Why do you think she was attracted to these men? What do you think she learned from the experiences.

I will help you as I LOVE this story. It is absolutley beautiful. But I will not do the homework for you. I had to read this book in English Comp II in college last spring, I did my own homework, but I will be happy to help you, just not do it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dizziness and eye strain after an hour of watching the computer screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I don't know about you but for me.. working at my computer became a very hard thing to do. After just an hour of working in front of it... I kind of getting dizzy and have different aches right in my both eyes or sometimes even in my head. Did you have similar problems ? How did you...

Mother passed/now feel like she may be watching over me [ 14 Answers ]

Okay everyone, this is going to be a really long post, so get ready. When I was 12 yr.'s old my mother passed away from a brain aneurism. I did not grieve at all afterwards, I guess mainly because I wanted to shut it out of mind at the time (which I now know is normal, especially at the age). ...

Their Eyes Were Watching God [ 5 Answers ]

I Need help coming up with a QUESTION TO ANSWER for my research paper on the novel "THEIR EYES WERE WATCHING GOD? My topic is "is nanny right when she says marriage is convenice" but I need to make that into a question?

What are you watching now? [ 17 Answers ]

What kind of movies or sitcoms are you guys watching this month? (I am a little bit there and a little bit here)

Eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for two blue-eyed people to have a brown eyed-child?

View more questions Search